Author Topic: Tools request fr OEUO  (Read 16574 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Tools request fr OEUO
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 01:03:52 PM »
Is the new version going to have "drill down" searching and "vendor" area searches along with "summary" and the ability to review all items and chose which to take?

That's the reason Miffy's is so good.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 01:18:57 PM »
The new CLAw engine will have the drill down feature, while applying the LITE/FULL rules.  Then it just presents results for a quick loop to drag/drop.

The UI becomes Miffy-like or CLAw-like.  Whatever.  I've wanted to apply the CLAw engine to Miffy's for a while now.  The recursive descent into containers is what's stopped me.

The main reason the CLAw is so complicated is because I had to come up with some REALLY complex data structures in order to process the data quickly and logically.  Lua presents many of those ideas as a core foundation of the language, so I don't have to basically write data storage methods from scratch.

In many ways, the CLAw now becomes much easier than a project like the rail engine.  That is going to be a PITA but fun.

At the moment, without a viable method to multithread, I can't really proceed to those full applications without a lot of kludgey code.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 04:11:35 AM »
I have been thinking about which of your tools I use all of the time that I would love to see converted:

The Offset Click finder is a huge time saver.  I would love to see a universal craft gump process and generalized subs for crafting, moving items, etc. The ID toolFindInfo is another great help.

Having the opportunity to work with code you are putting together based on your code that I am already familiar with is going to make the bridge to leaning LUA a lot shorter.

Thanks for jumping in.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 05:21:53 AM »
I'll be adding those tools pretty soon actually.  It'll be nice to get some native tools that we're used to on the EUO side.  I have a pretty nice craftitem-like sub I can port pretty easily.

I will be nearly immediately porting my offset-click generator and I need to publish my finditem info sub.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
I have the rail engine done.  I'm doing some extended testing with it first before I release it.  It has the same features as the EUO version, and functions similarly including called-mode and server-mode.  With the global namespace functions working well, the server-mode operation was pretty easy.

I need to figure out what's next to port....

I may actually port my CraftItem sub; it's pretty new and should be very easy to port.  I do want to port a script that has a UI, but OEUO is still a bit up in the air at the moment regarding UI/script interaction. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:01:53 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: Tools  OEUO