Author Topic: New IDOC System  (Read 2625 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
New IDOC System
« on: April 04, 2020, 11:41:00 PM »
OK -- one of the reasons why I keep playing is because I loved to do IDOCs. It was like a new Christmas every time one fell. Never knowing what was inside and what you would get. Currently, all the IDOCs are public knowledge as the Town Criers keep you informed if there is one close to falling. Also, UOKing (UOKing.com) has all the IDOCs listed with dates, places, and times of All the IDOCs happening for a 2 week period.

The pain now is that when the house falls, a bunch of barrels show up with the contents of what is inside scattered inside the barrels. To get anything you need to disarm and punch the barrels with your bare hands. Wrestling, Tactics, or Anatomy makes no difference. Broadsword wanted to make it fair for everyone who punches the barrels. It is tedious as I think each barrel has over 100 hit points and sometimes the barrel is empty. If there is an item in the barrel or items, they fall directly into your backpack. They did this to thwart the Scripters...like us!

In Felucca, it is ridiculous because you cannot punch a barrel while hidden. One punch and it reveals you. PvP players love it cause they kill everyone in sight and seem to guard the treasure for themselves while they run up their murder counts.

What do you guys think? -- I hate it!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Romilys

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Romilys has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New IDOC System
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 03:10:36 AM »
I hope it will not be implemented ever on Pandora. Every idocer hates that new publish. Idocing was limited to a small group of people for it takes a lot of time to search for decaying houses. Now that it is announced every player can take part in it. On Felluca the winners are the pvpers for they can kill the others off. The only small benefit there is - you know exactly how long it takes to come down and be there for the fall - not to wait endless hours hoping it might drop. Especially when there are more locations to drop. I spent hours looking for idocs - on Drachenfels we had formed a guild Dhb - Die Hamsterbande - and went for idoc search. When all stackables items are removed I guess there will be no more resources found this way. Any chance they will ever change that back?

Tags: