Author Topic: Is this a Mistake?  (Read 7588 times)

Offline CityKittyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a Mistake?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 01:41:26 PM »
On Firefox (if that is what you are trying to connect with), the "Today" time period may be the date since midnight or 24 hours, but for certain no longer than that. You may need to go back further to delete the history to allow you to reconnect. Your original post description was early yesterday morning... So you will need to get to a period earlier than that to get rid of that saved data.

Gaderian

Using Brave which is really just Chrome but less nosey. That makes it even more interesting that I get blocked in Brave but not Chrome. I cleared all the cache, history and all, but still no luck. I need to find the user data file and see what's in there. I'll bet that's where the glitch is. Anyway, I'll find it! Thanks for all the tips!
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline CityKittyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is this a Mistake?
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 01:44:18 PM »
Back when I was hosting the site, I had set up all kinds of IP filters including some in Apache.  Those are all gone now and really the only filters left that I know about are a few block IP bans.  But those won't be intermittant, if you're in the block, you just won't be able to connect. I don't think Tidus has done anything like that; all our annoying users from that time have all been sent to the Isle of Misfit Dutchbags.

We don't care if you connect using a VPN any longer.  I do myself, and really try to surf using one 7/24 now.  Tidus is the rule maker now, so it's ultimately up to him for those kinds of things.

There are always new bad actors and you have to stay on top if it. I wouldn't worry about this from your end. I'm pretty sure the error is in the browser. I'll keep tracking it down.
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Tags: