Author Topic: Suggestions for an Archer  (Read 4893 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Suggestions for an Archer
« on: March 21, 2022, 11:48:21 AM »
So it's been a VERY long time since I played around with an archer in UO, but I've been thinking about building one on VnV just for S'n'Gs.  I remember having fun with a provoke archer that was fun for PvM 1:1, but I'd like to figure out something that can handle a larger spawn.  Is that even possible?  This is really only for PvM since I don't do PvP well.

Anyhow, lemme know what you've had fun playing with in the past or something that you might think would be a good powerful combination using the new fangled rules of today.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for an Archer
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 06:10:56 PM »
Woes VnV have the mice artifact,   This can help building a template. 
Mace & Shiield, the new doom artifact. 
Does PS go to120.     

Archer are not realy design to do  champs,   Sampire work better.     If you ar talking 2 or 4 monster,  Archery/sampire/healer or Archery/Sampire

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 02:30:40 PM »
The difficulty with archery is there is no mob control.

Melee classes have whirlwind on a weapon which allows great crowd control.

You already hit on the Provoke + Archery template - which is pretty good.
Another option is to use jewelry to do +skills and have 2 weapons skills - archery + swords could complement each other well because there are +20 head pieces with those skills on them, so you could swap the head gear at the same time as the weapon. Then you only need GM skill on each.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 02:40:54 PM »
Good ideas guys.  I sort of figured that was the way of things.  I have started a sampire and will probably continue with that, however I was recently feeling nostalgic for my archer.  VnV makes it very nice to add jewelry because the added bonus doesn't detract from your actual skill value.  You can be a GM without power scrolls and still have 140 of a skill with jewelry added, so it's easy to turbocharge a template fairly easily.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 05:50:18 PM »
I've been running my archer with bushido and bushido mastery and necro with spirit speak. Tons of healing with life leach bow, bushido mastery and spirit speak and able to maximize damage output.

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
  • Black Widow has no influence.
  • Well Hello there....Skippy
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 06:04:44 PM »
I use a Bush/Chiv Archer at most spawns, with great sucess. With the right suit and jewels, you can spam Holy Light and that works for me to control the mob till the third level. I'm pushing 210 stam 45/HCI all 70's plus suit (Studded) I play  most on a Cheif proxy swampy. Only spawn I have issues with is Undead, as I play a male toon.
Cheers
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw
And behold a white horse...
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him....

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 11:29:13 AM »
I recently watched some videos of a guy using an interesting peace/archer treasure hunter template taking down Hoard and Trove maps solo, no Tactics or Anatomy damage bonus:

100 Cart
100 LP
100 Remove Trap
120 Archery
120 Music (110 real)
120 Peace (110 real)
80 Chivalry

The Peace gives the crowd control and he used GM crafted/imbued/enhanced bows. Damage output was lower but consistent with the properly aligned slayers and EOO with the crowd control letting him easily pull one target at a time.

Maybe not the fastest but seems like a fun, different T-mapper approach so I've been working on the build on Origin to try it out since my Provo/Mage mapper isn't really viable solo at the high levels anymore.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 05:28:26 PM »
Thanks 12timesover,
That looks like a different approach to a Peace/T-Hunter/Archer build, but solid enough. I on the other hand am  not as bold. I use a Mystic mage for T- Hunting;
120 myst
120 Focus
100 Magery
100 Cart
100 Lockpick
100 Remove Trap
Works for me, kinda of a standard T-hunting build. I solo Trove maps, with a RC and slayer book and Death Ray for Magery. I started using DR at Navery, OMG ...what a difference with a Spider slayer Scrappers.
The t-hunt build is able to control the mob, killing Frost Drags, Greater Drags and Ancient Wryms in record time.
Cheers !

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 08:37:10 AM »
Yeah it seems that the two most popular solo tmapper templates tend to be Tamer or Mystic Mage. I can solo Cache with my bard practically in my sleep but once I jump to Hoard and land an Ancient Wyrm without anything to provoke onto it, forget it.

But I saw the "Suggestions for an archer" thread and thought that was an interesting Archer template to play around with. I do need to check out the Mystic Mage template more though, I started training Mysticism at some point but I don't even remember what shard and character anymore lol.

Offline Black Widow

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 12:34:55 PM »
 Yes Sir !!
 ;D

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2022, 06:02:31 PM »
I recently watched some videos of a guy using an interesting peace/archer treasure hunter template taking down Hoard and Trove maps solo, no Tactics or Anatomy damage bonus:

That's interesting.  I started out with a peace archer years ago and man it was fun to play.  But applying it to TMapping is something that I might need to play with.

TMapping is still one thing in the game I never got around to fiddling with.  Weird too because it's a bit of a solo thing and I do like my solo stuff.  Thanks for the heads up, 12X!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 04:54:13 PM »
I recently watched some videos of a guy using an interesting peace/archer treasure hunter template taking down Hoard and Trove maps solo, no Tactics or Anatomy damage bonus

Do you still have the link to the video?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 11:59:31 AM »
He's got a few but in this one he talks about his template in the Comments. They are a few years old but still...

&t=129s

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2022, 03:17:33 PM »
Thank you!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 05:23:22 PM »
Thank you!
No problem! Let me know if you try it out, I've been on an Atlantic taming tangent so haven't been back to it yet. Was one of those situations where I needed to get materials, ingredients, and runics to make gear - skills are good to go.

Tags: