Author Topic: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw FULL - The Ultimate Autolooter - Public Release!  (Read 560738 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
That's funny.  When you were talking about this originally, the spell channeling thing was something i was going to mention, but forgot to.  Spell channeling was definitely not around during the time when this script was written, so I'd totally be amazed if it actually worked. Probably wouldn't be too hard to make the script work with it, but sadly I don't have an OSI account to test with anymore.  I don't know if normally the bow de-equips when you use your fishing pole for example and if that would automatically de-equip the bow.  I just don't remember those mechanics since they were always different depending on OSI or a freeshard. 

Anyhow, glad you got it mostly sorted out.  Now if only Crisis can get so far!  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
The orcish bow (that bow that a GM fletcher could alter and reveal it's slayer property) is the same type (WOH) as a crafted bow. If that one works successfully, then that makes sense because the type is the same.

Is that orcish bow the one that was giving you trouble? I would suspect that your spell channeling bow may be a different type and that the property (spell channeling) is not the root cause. There are some new bow types and the left/right handed feature of how to [un]equip the weapon is likely related to the issue.

I use the FAF with a spell channeling fishing pole and swap slayer spellbooks (water elemental & snake slayer) to deal with the baddies for my magery. That is doing the whole [un]equip fishing pole and spellbook logic - which is no different than swapping the fishing pole with the bow.

I worked on getting the whole [un]equip issue for someone who wanted to use archery with FAF to work. I think the timing changed with an OSI patch, IIRC. There is also the weapon TYPE lists that need to work and the right vs. left handed-ness of the various bows.

There is a secondary issue about the use of a quiver in the FAF thread, but as long as arrows/bolts are stored in the main level of the character's backpack, it works. Getting the FAF to check the quiver for ammo is a solution with 2 paths logically to get there (1=open the quiver as a container and look for loot there (slower); 2=deconstruct the #PROPERTY of the quiver (faster)).

I do not believe any of that is related to the CLAW, which is more than likely the permissions/rights that TM was discussing. The message you were getting probably has more to do with the [un]equip issue in FAF than anything in the CLAW. It is the equipping of the weapon or fishing pole combined with drag/drop that needs to be cleaned up and coordinated between the 2 scripts. When the [un]equip function is clean and has a proper cool down, the CLAW drag/drop will be fine.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Hey Gad, if you think you've solved or at least positively addressed the weapon equip thing and would like me to roll your changes into the official version, send it to me and I'll DIFF it together.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey Gad, if you think you've solved or at least positively addressed the weapon equip thing and would like me to roll your changes into the official version, send it to me and I'll DIFF it together.

Hi Gad! Thanks for the input. Yes, that was the bow. I was just about the only bowcrafter on the server so I did a lot of them. I'm going to stick with this bow. Serps are easy and I can one or two shot them depending on deepie or not. at the end of the run I was cutting up the fish, extracting the SOS and all the rest, so I'm happy with FAF.

I put the scripts on another comp and ran them. Claw is doing the same thing. Can't find the configuration file! This one used to work without a single hiccup so now what to do, what to try...

Gaderian, I don't know what we'd do without you. I had only one idea, the quiver, which I hadn't thought of at all. Removed the quiver, put arrows in pack, et voila! Claw populates!!!

Well, once again, I owe you guys big time and thanks so much! Now I've got some fishin to do!
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile

I thought I had shown working routines and relinked a post in the past day or so to highlight that older post from a while back.

I can get all that working and tested maybe this weekend to prove it. I don't seem to have anything else on my agenda - so maybe it will do me some good to solve the logic puzzle that is archery based offense in the FAF. ;)

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I thought I had shown working routines and relinked a post in the past day or so to highlight that older post from a while back.

Yup, I remember those and I'll add them.  I think I have a newer version of the FaF that I've been using for quite a while, so I do need to update.  If you get a chance, do a DIFF with your working version to make sure any other fixes you found can work their way into the released version.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
I quickly read the 2 pages and this my 2 cents

Easu UO / TM FaF and TM_advanceclsw all have to be in the same folder.   
1) place boar facing north
2) start claw
3) start FaF 

that should be it.  rest is just to get setup .    I use a mage option, I sometime use a snake spellbook,

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Advanced CLAw FULL - The Ultimate Autolooter - Public Release!
« Reply #1252 on: August 03, 2022, 07:30:31 AM »
+1
To follow up, I've been using the scripts now for quite some time and they're both running without a hitch. The archer runs just fine as well, no issues at all. I've run these scripts for about 14 hours total and no problems so well done, it's still the marvel it's always been!
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 07, 2022, 07:31:19 AM »
That some good new. 
Now can you explain what you did to be able to running. So other can learn.  Or shall we put this  into the C-18 codes issues.

Offline nerv0us

• Activity:
    0%
  • nerv0us has no influence.
  • Nothing interesting
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 09, 2022, 05:27:04 AM »
Nice
Brazil UO =D

Offline Ayceri

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Ayceri has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 23, 2024, 08:37:57 PM »
Hello =]

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 24, 2024, 08:41:45 AM »
Hello =]

Hello! If you are curious about this script, I would suggest going to the new member section. Read the stickied "good intros" and then make your own "good intro" so you can have your restricted access removed.

Tags: Looting TrailMyx