Author Topic: Cerv's UOXL Swap Bot  (Read 11418 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Cerv's UOXL Swap Bot
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:20:49 AM »
Code: [Select]
;=========================================;
; Script Name: Cerv's uoXL SwapBot        ;
; Author: Cerveza                         ;
; Version: 1.0                            ;
; Shard OSI/FS: OSI/FS                    ;
; Revision Date: 03/03/2010               ;
; Purpose: Support Char Bot               ;
;    ____         _      _  __   _ ___    ;
;   / __/ ___ _ _(_)_ _ | |_\ \ /  /_ \   ;
;   \__ \/  _| `_| | ` \|  _/ / \ \/ \ \  ;
;   __/  \ (_| | | | |) | | \ \_/ /\_/ /  ;
;   \____/\__|_| |_|  _/\__\ \___/\___/   ;
;                  |_|                    ;
; Setup:                                  ;
;  Change %gheal for how many HP's down   ;
;  - you want the support char to heal    ;
;  Change %buffer for following distance  ;
;  See sub castit for FCR delay on spells ;
; Thanks:                                 ;
; Endless Night - uoXL setup and swap     ;
; v1.0 - First SUO full release           ;

I use it with my Swhammy char. I have my necro/mage following behind. The support char (necro/mage) will cast cure/heal if my primary needs it.

As soon as I get the following and spacing worked out this will work well for support chars doing champs and harrowers. Log in 2 (more?) accounts and just walk through spawn. The Swammy is a good primary char because of the tanking abilities. Get honor on stuff and Lightning Strike it to death. The support char supplements your healing.

As with my GBot project, this was to teach myself how to effectively use the UOXL SWAP command. EN helped with a couple very simple, yet infinitely effective subs for taking care of the swapping. Like the GBot, this is just a framework. I want people to examine this work and modify/enhance it. Understand how it functions and you'll see that what you can add in is unlimited. Information sent between clients is EASY using this method. And I mean ALL information, like #enemyID, #ltargetID, etc...

Revision 0.8 - First release. Still unhappy with movement but working well enough to release.

*OH, make sure you start it on your primary char. It probably works either way, but to be safe.

UPDATE 03/03/10

v 1.0 - Following is based on primary character's facing direction

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
CervBot10.txt
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 02:34:16 PM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cerv's UOXL Swap Bot
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »
Remember A wait time is Not Necessary in between a swap. We also need to get ahold of Cheffe and have him reset the No UPdating of the # Variables on the Euo Window. Takes ALOT of load off client swapping scripts
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »
He's added it for me before to do some testing. it used to be an OPTION in euo to have it not update the variables.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 01:59:33 AM »
First release of SwapBot.

I'm not entirely happy with the following, but it works well enough for now. You'll notice it never follows on the same "line" as you are. It'll be 2 up and 2 back (whatever you set %buffer to) instead of just 2 behind.

The rest is functioning well enough. I want people to dissect this and learn from it. See how I don't swap clients unless there's a need to? There *can* be a slight issue with casting, if the %SUPPORT char is already casting heal, and the %PRIMARY get's poisoned, then you have to wait out the cast timer. It's not long, but you should be aware it happens sometimes.

enjoy.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:14:35 AM »
I used it for gaining Honor and Sacrifice on my Swammy...

I have a version that finds spawn within 2 tiles and withers if more then 1 is found. I set following to 1 space and get my Whirlwind weapon on the primary. Goes through spawn very quickly. I may run 2 wither chars with it....

I also have put in some self checks for the support char. Are you poisoned, are you hurt, is something attacking you? I don't want to make that too complicated, I just want it to concentrate on keeping my primary account alive. My primary can keep the support alive.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 07:29:50 AM »
Remember #enemyid Is Horrible Now. (Unless they fixed it with a recent update?)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 07:36:38 AM »
Nope, it sucks. Completely sucks.

I just use hit points as an indicator of being attacked. If my support char HP's falls by 10 points, then he casts invis on self. That way whatever it was that was attacking him can target my primary.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 12:14:53 AM »
Ran my Swammy and Mage, both running my Auto Honor and Attack script, mage had 2 vollems with him.

Swammy always got honor first and targetted monster, tanked, then the mage sic'd his vollems on target and kept swammy healed up. Worked great.

I'll start seriously looking at facing direction and movement.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »
Following is now based on whatever direction the Primary char is facing. Follower will stop %buffer spaces behind you.

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 02:40:31 PM »
Following is now based on whatever direction the Primary char is facing. Follower will stop %buffer spaces behind you.

Why aren't you doing cross healers with aids?  Isn't that a better solution?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
It's a framework like the Bot project.

If someone wants bandages cross healing, then they are very welcome to put it in. And hopefully post it here so other's can see what changes they made.

Personally, I run a necro/mage behind my Swammy who heals (no cures) and withers if there's any spawn within 2 of him ;)

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »
This thing is just elegant... Thanks Cerveza.  ;)

Tags: Cerveza