Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 242157 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« on: August 29, 2010, 09:05:27 AM »
NOTE: This script requires that you have restored working MUL files into your UO directory! If your character won't mine when it recalls to a location this is not a script issue, it's an issue with your UO install. Search the site for MUL Files for more information on how to address the issue before posting in this script thread!

• Missing female Gargoyle type in the weight sub added
  • Removed option for not using Setup - ie, first time through with each char must use guided setup then stored variables are available
  • Added resource counter reset button so resource counter can be reset AT ANY TIME without resetting all other variables
  • Created menucheck sub for monitoring of menu buttons (pause and reset) for more efficient menu handling
  • Fixed reported issue where script expects tinker tools even when "ToTinker = No"
  • Fixed reported issue where script won't use shovels from Secure unless "ToTinker = Yes"

• Fixed counter reset
  • Fixed start and setup issues

• Officially ditched the tile type check during the "initialization" cycle, at least for now.

• Added sand support.
  • General cleanup

• Fixed major logic issue with scanning of tile layers
  • Fixed Stone counting issue
  • Fixed issue where script would keep counting failed attempt at dumping resources
  • Swapped in XIIx standard subs where applicable
  • Misc cleanup

• More cleanup!
  • Fixed dropoff issue where lag was causing a problem opening pack to eliminate "ghost" items in pack
  • Addressed menu problem where resetting resource counts caused Start/Pause menu button mixup

• Even more cleanup!
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements
  • Menu revamp to support EUO menu changes and address periodic crashing issues. Script is much more stable now!

XII

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies v3.1 - Public.txt
XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies v3.2 - Public.txt
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 01:14:22 PM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0 Beta
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 04:50:05 PM »
WOW LOVE the TRACKING SYSTEM !! The rest I am yet to give feedback on.  Going to get a few toons ready to dig gems and stone so I can try this out also. Will give more feed back as I get it myself.  Does this script as of yet support sand? So far so good !!

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 05:13:21 PM »
WOW LOVE the TRACKING SYSTEM !! The rest I am yet to give feedback on.  Going to get a few toons ready to dig gems and stone so I can try this out also. Will give more feed back as I get it myself.  Does this script as of yet support sand? So far so good !!
Actually I'm working on wrapping up the sand support tonight (hopefully), shouldn't take too much at all.

Thanks Mass!

X

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »
I did setup as I did on previous versions, with shovels in the main secure. UOAssist was running with the other account, not the mining one. The other account is NOT running any scripts, just sitting there gaining magic resist.

At this point I went to each spot and it did the normal scanning for spots. While mining it went past my characters max weight, every time. I restarted the script around five times. Each time it went over 58 stones.

I restarted the script one more time and the same thing happened, only this time going 20 stones over max weight.

I looked at the maxweight sub and I couldn't quite figure out what to change... Another issue I came up with is that it wasn't taking shovels out of my secure once my first one broke. I would recall to the bank, open the bank box, do nothing (atleast it appears that way), then I'd recall back to the mining spot. Once it didn't find a shovel it'd go back to the bank and repeat endlessly.

Is there something that I'm missing or need to do differently?

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 02:31:30 AM »
Interesting. Well I can say that I've never played with a Gargoyle character so the overweight issue must have something to do with logic I put in for that unless you are just subject to some MAJOR lag issues. As for taking the shovels out, that's just plain bizarre as I never changed anything with that logic, it checks for shovels and if it sees any it should take them out of the secure even if you have "Tinker Shovels" checked in the setup menu.

Is it emptying your pack when it goes back to the bank? Are the counters working correctly when it empties? Just trying to figure out where in the Dropnstock sub it's not happy. I just used shovels out of the secure with this the other night and burned through about 20-30 of the BOD reward types without a single hangup.

X

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 04:17:01 AM »
IFFFFFFFF I get time tonight I will make a garg miner and test with it also.  It only takes about 16 hours to make a usable miner with 105 mining and 65 magery.  Start with 50 mining and 50 tinkering and alot of ingots for him to make shovels with because he will fail a good bit in the first 10 hours or so.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 05:22:24 AM »
IFFFFFFFF I get time tonight I will make a garg miner and test with it also.  It only takes about 16 hours to make a usable miner with 105 mining and 65 magery.  Start with 50 mining and 50 tinkering and alot of ingots for him to make shovels with because he will fail a good bit in the first 10 hours or so.
Yup, I do it all the time ;) I actually typically take an hour or less to make the char and get the Tinkering up to about 70 and lock it then Magery up to around the same. At the same time I bring up strength. This hour up front saves a lot more time later!

X

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:24:15 AM »
Just thought of something, there are two types for each character type (male/female human/elf/gargoyle). I'm only accomodating for one gargoyle type in the maxweight sub. I'm at work so I can't look into this further but if someone can confirm the types of these chars I cand walk through the logic in the meantime.

If I'm missing the type and the gargoyle can only carry the same as an elf then some gargoyles (probably female if I remember when I got the char type originally I used a male gargoyle char on test) will be treated as Human iby the script and assumed that they can carry more stones. Now that I think of it, I'm confident that's the problem.

X

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 09:38:56 AM »
Just thought of something, there are two types for each character type (male/female human/elf/gargoyle). I'm only accomodating for one gargoyle type in the maxweight sub. I'm at work so I can't look into this further but if someone can confirm the types of these chars I cand walk through the logic in the meantime.

If I'm missing the type and the gargoyle can only carry the same as an elf then some gargoyles (probably female if I remember when I got the char type originally I used a male gargoyle char on test) will be treated as Human iby the script and assumed that they can carry more stones. Now that I think of it, I'm confident that's the problem.

X

I just thought the same thing while eating my cereal this afternoon.

Female is NCB
Male is OCB

You have OCB, but NCB is not listed. As for emptying my pack, it did unload all the ore at the bank. But unlike previous versions, it didn't make sure that I always had two shovels in my pack. Once I get back from a meeting I'll try running the script on my old elf miner and again with the gargoyle with the same bags, shovels and recall book to see if the issue repeats itself.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:19 AM »
Crud, just realized I never up'd the version with the fixed weight sub! New version uploaded with the Gargoyle character weight issue addressed.

Thx for the Type OID.

On another note, is anyone actually testing this anymore or at all? Just wondering if people besides me are having crash issues when running this version of the script verse the 2.6 version. Also curious about any other issues that may be popping up.

Thanks.

X
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:37:17 AM by 12TimesOver »

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 01:45:19 AM »
Sorry it's been a crazy week for me and I haven't played or scripted at all. I still work Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday (12+ hours each day). Then Monday I'm going to the Royals/Athletics game during the day and Chiefs/Chargers game at night.

I'll make sure to test it more on Sunday if I do get it off. Otherwise it'll be Tuesday before I can run it again.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 01:46:36 AM »
No worries, real life comes first!! :P

X

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 08:47:30 AM »
OK been using your script solely for 2 weeks on two accounts and it has not fubbed up yet the client has closed on me on about 5 different occasions, but I relate that to EA. With the output now showing I am getting about 20% more production out of one toon than the other. Both use the same armor, MR, elves, strength, tinkering, magery, and have not figured out why one could collect more than the other secially this much. Both use full fel spellbooks but that is alot of extra ore? Both also only mine ore and ML gems nothing else.  But the script works good.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 09:10:22 AM »
That's great to know Mass, thanks for the feedback!

So you're saying that you're seeing a 20% increase in ore from version 2.6 to this version (3.0)? If so, great! I did make a bunch of changes that should have improved efficiency and I've made a few more since then but haven't up'd that version yet (working on something else first).

X

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »
That's great to know Mass, thanks for the feedback!

So you're saying that you're seeing a 20% increase in ore from version 2.6 to this version (3.0)? If so, great! I did make a bunch of changes that should have improved efficiency and I've made a few more since then but haven't up'd that version yet (working on something else first).

X

Nope I am getting 20% increase with one account versus the other account, but using 3.0 on both??

Tags: