Author Topic: Menu Design... How and When to count resources gathered  (Read 2566 times)

Offline seeriuslyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Menu Design... How and When to count resources gathered
« on: February 01, 2011, 05:20:23 AM »
  Looking at trying my first menu for my High Seas Land Fisher Script.  Just for practice.  I am wondering how to go about counting the fish, etc. it gathers. 

Do you count each time the journal tells you?
For example. "you pull out a fish: green catfish"

Have the menu add one green catfish then?

OR

Count them as you dump in bank?

Personally i think it would be easier to add them as journal finds them.  But that's just my opinion given my limited coding experience.

Seems to me that it would be harder to differentiate the 3 different names of the same colors of fish, as I still haven't been able to conquer property types and colors.  I want it to be fast as possible though.  Any thoughts or recommendations?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Menu Design... How and When to count resources gathered
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:00:32 AM »
I always wait until I dump resources in the bank or secure because you don't have them until they're secure. There is a lot that can go wrong between the time you pull something up and the time you put something in your secure where it is truly "safe".

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline seeriuslyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:03:16 AM »
Good point.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 06:49:26 AM »
I love a very small control menu like the type C2 uses with a button that would bring up the stats menu. Normally it seems the displays take up 1/2 my screen.

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 08:31:36 AM »
The 2 major ways that I know to do it also are adding the text directly to the menu, and using a text control box.  I use a text control box for ease, but I like how the text looks when you do it on the menu itself.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:49 AM »
I love a very small control menu like the type C2 uses with a button that would bring up the stats menu. Normally it seems the displays take up 1/2 my screen.

i love the idea of accessing a small menu to show counts of the 12 fish types, pearls, steaks.. all the extra crap u get.  I cannot stand menus that cover over 1/4 or the screen.  When it comes to counting say 12 kinds of crab & lobster or 12+ fish types I just dont see the worth.  You look in your bag at the end of hours and say nice i have 200+ of each etc.  They farm up very close in numbers when doing large numbers.  Peeps always like to see counts i guess.  I would prefer fish per hour or somethign like that instead.

As far as when... I only like to do resource counts once it is banked, secured, or turned in.  That is me though.

Tags: