Author Topic: Hi, Im CaptainOdy  (Read 2399 times)

Offline CaptainOdyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CaptainOdy has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi, Im CaptainOdy
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:24:56 AM »
hello everyone, i am CaptainOdy.... Ody to my fellow friends and guildies.  i have been an avid uo player since original beta days.  been an avid script user for about 6 years now on and off.  i have been attempting to write my own now for about a year or so.   Im still very novice to the script writing part, i know how to find and fix what doesn't work.  but can't write my own to work always, but i try.

i play on a free shard currently, as i was banned from osi just after the release of ML.  i mostly pvp'd on osi on legends or great lakes under the name Red Soldier.

im more so here for advice and tips on writing my own scripts, though im sure there is that one or two out here i cant do with out.  but i get more pleasure out of a script i wrote or helped de-bug.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, Im CaptainOdy
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO!

We have alot of Freeshard players out there. OSI/Mythic needs to bring them back into the fold somehow.  8)

What freeshard are you playing on?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »
im currently on uo redemption.    there since they opened.  its a nice place for the style play i do.. and a good place to test scripts in peace

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:03 AM »
Thx for the intro.  I will get in the files and nrestrict you in just a second.  Bummer on the banning but it happens to all of us eventually.  I have rebuild many accts with some crafty macroing!  I hope you enjoy the site and see you on the boards.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »
Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:48:18 AM »
thanks for the warm welcome.  im a fairly quiet person, so i doubt you'll hear much from me unless i need help workin a script, which from what i have read here on your tutorials i am way behind the curve.  so back to basics for me again

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
Dont forget, we like feedback on scripts... good, bad, indifferent.. Help us to make our scripts better with your input!!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: