Author Topic: Execution Issues?  (Read 5439 times)

Offline The Reaper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • The Reaper has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Execution Issues?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 03:58:41 PM »
Sorry to detract from the OP, but why use #findcnt over #findkind?? if #findcnt = 0 then #findkind should always be -1?? no? That was my understanding of it. :S

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Execution Issues?
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
Sorry to detract from the OP, but why use #findcnt over #findkind?? if #findcnt = 0 then #findkind should always be -1?? no? That was my understanding of it. :S

Findcnt = the number of matching items found.   FOUND COUNT
Findkind = is object found in a containor or on the ground also set to -1 if nothing found, just like other findVars are set to X or N/a when nothing found. http://wiki.easyuo.com/index.php?title=FindKind

if you iterate through the items found list   #findindex =1 to #findcnt ... if you did a finditem *, #findkind will change to the value for each item found.  Meanwhile #findcnt will always remain the same.

I see #findkind <> -1 to be equivalent to #findid <> X   If you want to see if more  1 or more items are found using the logically correct Variable is the best bet. #findcnt > 0

So #FindCnt is more applicable for most applications...ie  if %Shovelstoget > #findcnt   set %ShovelstoGet #findcnt
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:54:59 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: