Author Topic: Greetings ScriptUO Community  (Read 3754 times)

Offline MerlynTopic starter

• Shoutbox Access
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Merlyn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings ScriptUO Community
« on: August 28, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »
This is great! 

I've been away from UO for about five years and was blown away by all of the changes that have come to Britannia!  Some good, some bad, but it's UO, so I'm glad to be back.

My first adventures in Britannia, knows as Sosaria at the time, started with Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar in the mid 1980's.  I've been an Ultima addict every since.

Shortly before the release of UO in 1997, I became a newlywed and as you can probably imagine, being an Ultima addict, the release of UO in 1997 almost ended the honeymoon!  But being a good husband, I did the only acceptable thing...I let my new wife get hooked on UO as well ;)...

As a couple, Merlyn and Morgana Ambrose lived happily in Serpent's Hold for many years.  Morgana loved the social interaction that she found in Britannia, and Merlyn found the adventurer and riches that he craved.  As a bard, Merlyn loved playing spots at the local taverns, and the occasional gig at the Museum of Memories on the Great Lakes shard. Many friends were made during those days, may of which we still stay in touch with.

It was indeed a sad day when Morgana decided that she wanted to leave Britannia, but that was her decision to make :(...However, that didn't mean that Merlyn was ready to give up his life as an, 'almost famous', bard 8) and archer.  Merlyn continued to explore the ever changing world around him, but it just was not he same without Morgana by his side.  So after over ten years of great adventure, Merlyn the Bard retired. :'(

WELL!  I'm back! :D  I'm not sure what adventures await me on the Great Lakes shard, but I knew when I reactivated my account that one of the first tings I would need to do was download EasyUO.

I wanted to try out fishing on the High Seas, but found the task of lobster fishing to be more boring that watching grass grow.  I couldn't find a EasyUO script to relieve the boredom, so Googling "Lobster Trap UO Script", I found ScriptUO.

Love the Game, Love the site, Love the ScriptUO Team!

It's good to be back.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings ScriptUO Community
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO Merlyn!

Always good to see players come back to UO! ;)

I hope you enjoy the community and the forums which are filled with good information.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:00:02 PM »
Thanks for the very well thought out intro, welcome to SUO. Hope to see you active on the site!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:05:52 PM »
hehe... you found my script.  nice intro and hope to see ya active on the boards

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 07:06:09 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »
Welcome, Merlyn!  Simply put... If you liked the things over at easy, you will love the wealth of information you find here.   Fantastic community all in all.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
Great intro:)
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:30:08 AM »
I loved reading your intro; thanks for that.  Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:11:12 AM »
I asked my wife one time if she wanted to learn to play.  She looked at the screen and said, "That looks terribly boring... You always seem to be doing the same thing when I look at your screen."

Then I go the living room and see her reading a book, "Man that looks boring... You are always doing the same thing."

We love our lives... Separate interests keeps things moving smoothly in this house :)

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
My wife runs my guilds ventrilo and will chat with the members if she wants.  I'd rather her not be playing the game though as her facebook is enough of a time waster and we all know what can happen with MMORPG's.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline MerlynTopic starter

• Shoutbox Access
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Merlyn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 07:30:57 AM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: