Author Topic: Whammy/Sampire on a non-imbuing Freeshard  (Read 3400 times)

Offline viniciusxisTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • viniciusxis has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Whammy/Sampire on a non-imbuing Freeshard
« on: October 26, 2011, 03:36:28 PM »
Hi, i have built a whammy on a freeshard with SA expansion/bosses but no imbuing yet, i'd like to get a few pointers to how i can get him to solo a few bosses..
I currently have:
Parrying             120,0 120,0 0,0 120,0
Fencing              120,0 120,0 0,0 120,0
Bushido              120,0 120,0 0,0 120,0
Tactics              100,0 100,0 0,0 120,0
Spirit Speak         100,0 100,0 0,0 100,0
Chivalry              60,0  60,0 0,0 100,0
Anatomy               50,0  50,0 0,0 100,0
Necromancy            40,0  40,0 0,0 100,0

My set is like this so far:
Mace and Shield
Gladiator's Collar
Runebeetle Carapace
Runic Sleeves (HPI 5 LMC 7 resists 7/20/6/8/25)
Stormgrip/Runics
Fey Leggings/Animated Legs of the Insane Tinker/Runics
Library Talisman of damage
Ring: Int 8 Hci 8 Dci 12 Di 25
Brace: Hci 13 Dci 15 Str 4 or Hci 11 Dci 11 Lmc 6 Fcr 2

I have Demon Hunter's Standart and a few slayer crafteds like a Kryss with Spider Slayer SSI 20 DI 40, and Elven Machete with Undead Slayer HLl 41 HLA 42 DI 30, Radiant Schimitar with Demon Slayer HLD 30 SSi 20, etc.

I just finished it like this and i went to try soloing Navrey and i kept getting poisoned/web sticked/no stamina, etc.
I'd like to know what are my best options here, in terms of suits and which bosses can i solo (like can i solo chief paroxymus?)
What is best for me, to keep as whammy or to go back to Sampire and try running champion spawns with maybe some friends.
And what weapons should i be crafting, as i don't have imbuing i do a lot of smith bods, got a lot of copper hammers and ocasionaly some golden ones.. soon i'll be getting agapite's.
help me? :)
also, pointers to how to play whammy in general (with or whitout imbuing) would help me a lot, as the only template i've played so far is a necrotamer.

Offline rgrpltn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rgrpltn has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Whammy/Sampire on a non-imbuing Freeshard
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
I play on an OSI shard to the info maybe different for freehsards.

I have found since return to UO from a 3 year break and decided upon a Sampire as my character of choice now.  If you don't have imbueing then you will need to burn thru many many charges on runics to get what you need.  I find template wise that I really need 120 resist, majority of my deaths come from mana drains and paras and combine that with the blood oaths from necro using mobs it pretty much sucks without it.

I know with a sampire your going to want  a weapon with whirlwind for when you get totally swamped my spawn but your also going to want a slow heavy hitting weapon with AI.

Most weapons unless your running something like 180 dex will require SSI , mana leech, stamina leech and Damage Increase.....the higher the percentage the better.

Armor is going to depend on if you elf, human or garg?

Most Sampire tend to go elf for the woodland armor that can be created or enhanced with heartwood and get added HCI or DCI on armor pieces.  With a whammy I would suggest just making it from leather.  Going Sampire you would want to focus on All 70s resist then HPI,MI,SI,LMC on your armor pieces.  While as a Whammy you are going to focus on HPI, LMC, MR, MI SI.   But like I said without imbueing it will take alot of runic charges to get the suit you want. 

You goal would be to hit your caps  in the following area:
DCI  - 45
HCI  - 45
DI    - 200
HPI  - 25
LMC - 40

Again these are OSI caps

Tags: