Author Topic: Ahoy - Tooms Here  (Read 2037 times)

Offline toomsyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • toomsy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Ahoy - Tooms Here
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:17:01 AM »
Old school PK from the 90s here (OSI Baja).  I was one of the first people on the shard with GM resist so people thought I was really good at PVP.  Little did they know it was because most of them had like 0 eval and 40 resist.... :)  Needless to say I suck now..   In OSI UO trammel was the death of me, but not I found a shard that tries to stay era accurate from before Trammel so life is good again.  I've played a lot of MMOs in my time (UO, Daoc, EQ, WoW, Star Wars, Vanguard, you name it), but I will forever love the time spent on OSI UO and now even the free shards.  The whole point of "free will" in UO is what I love.  I'll admit I wasn't a nice PK back in the day, but now that I am older and have kids I am pretty soft.  I kill people, rez them, give them regs and their runes back.  As odd as it sounds I think I've made more friends on my red character than I do on my blue characters.  I PK'd this guy last night who was clearly a newbie.  After I rez'd him he just starts following me about talking about his family, kids, their college grades, NFL football, etc.... lol  Things didnt used to happen like this in UO.

The good thing too about UO is it still allows me to have a life compared to some of the other grind MMOs.  My girlfriend plays Farmville, I play UO.  Minor 2D time sinks compared to things like WoW.  I have since tricked her into mining for me in UO so the ingots are rolling in.  I just tells her its like Farmville with fireballs..  She used to hate UO then one day shes like ok im bored I want to try your game.  GREAT - lets make you a 50/50 miner lumberjack you will love it, here are 500 shovels.... :)

Anyways, I ran across this site and was surprised there is still such a large following and wanted to join.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Ahoy - Tooms Here
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:45:08 AM »
Welcome!

Good to hear you've softened up a bit...father time will do that to you.

Now be a good boy friend and find a way to get a good mining script to work for you instead of putting your girlfriend to work.

Though there are some that like to mine manually. That's the unique thing about UO...there are so many different things people like to do.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 08:59:44 AM »
Welcome to SUO and thanks for the intro, restricted status lifted!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 11:18:33 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 12:43:04 PM »
welcome

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:39:26 PM »
welcome welcome welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: