Author Topic: Tether your Android phone for internet connectivity  (Read 11470 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Tether your Android phone for internet connectivity
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
Verizon sucks for that.  They want some extra coin/month.  Booo.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »
OK - i'm thinking of getting a new phone (on verizon). My son says iphone 4 but i keep hearing about the DROIDs

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 07:11:52 PM »
Don't ask me.  I didn't root for the Empire in Star Wars, and I refuse to use Apple products.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »
You have a TON of choices for droids!! Definitely get one over the iPhone!! The new Thunderbolt 4G is pretty friggin fast and awesome. But just about ANY of the droids they have on Verizon are pretty good
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
Iphone = Fad Followers

Droids = Real Gadget Geeks

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »
Ya, my little one dropped her iTouch in the toilet for 2 seconds and killed it, but my HTC incredible has been through two full washings and one spin cycle.  It continues to tick along, plus it has that Downey smell!

I guess part of that comes through needing a Mechanical Engineering degree, and a pair of midget arms to crack open an Apple product instead of two thumbnails and a quick "yank" with my Incredible.   Cracked open, dried, reassembled, off I go!

Just say "NO" to the Empire and the Dark Side, Luke.

I find I can do just about anything an IPhone user can do, and I get to do it without all that corporate pomposity, and Fanboi clicky-ness.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:24:31 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: