Author Topic: OSI Freeshard?  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Pop RockTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Pop Rock has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
OSI Freeshard?
« on: May 24, 2014, 05:45:54 PM »
I don't play OSI right? Well is there a way to make a copy of OSI and run it on your computer just by yourself? Like you're the only one on the server? I know theres a way you can host a server but I'd rather just have myself in it so I can test the scripts I'm writing to fit to OSI also... Can anyone help with this?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: OSI Freeshard?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »
OSI is hosted by Electronic Arts\Broadcoast (not sure who is now the big boss). There never will be a chance that you can just copy their servercode and execute it local. You either can pay for an subscription or use limited Trial-Accounts for scripting.

Or you learn C#, download runuo and analyse data from EA and reverse engeener it to runuo.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:17:08 AM »
Dang man that sucks! That was my only idea on how to test my scripts for osi, that and having someone else do it... :/

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »
Dang man that sucks! That was my only idea on how to test my scripts for osi, that and having someone else do it... :/

Write it on Runuo and make it generic. When it comes to the final test for EA make a Trial Account.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »
There are plenty of people that play the official servers that I am sure you will have plenty of testers if you need some.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »
There are plenty of people that play the official servers that I am sure you will have plenty of testers if you need some.

sounds like a plan ^.^

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 06:43:07 PM »
Isn't there a way to create like a test shard for yourself? Honestly what I want to do is make a shard to where only I can get on and test templates for pvm... Can anyone help me with that? 0.0

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 07:46:48 PM »
Install RUNUO and you have your own shard. You can run it on your own computer since it will only be you on the shard.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 02:39:26 AM »
Install RUNUO and you have your own shard. You can run it on your own computer since it will only be you on the shard.

I recommning install Servuo. Its the most proceeded Core atm.
https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 08:19:48 AM »
Wonder if a trial account on test center still has the same limitations? Anyone tried this before?
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 05:21:56 AM »
Source: http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-herald-trial-account-changes-in-publish-58.126233/

Test Centers

Because UO has such a vibrant community of testers, the above restrictions will not apply to the Test Centers. These servers will make all the benefits of regular subscription available even to free trial players, including housing.

Awesome :D
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: