Author Topic: Can someone help me?  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Pop RockTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Pop Rock has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Can someone help me?
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »
Ok, I've been disecting Twinkle McNugget's script "Honor and Attack" (at least that's what I saved it as XD). Anyways, I took it apart, and put it back together to suit what i needed it for right? Well, I need some help with adding a sub in. But my problem is that I don't want to post the whole script until its done (for obvious (I hope XD) reasons XD). I know there are some really good scripters here, I just need some help... I would rather PM the script, so if anyone would be willing to use their time to help me, that would be great XD.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone help me?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 05:09:14 AM »
My suggestion is not to Dissect and Re Assemble Other Peoples Scripts and then Post them or ask for help fixing them :P
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:33:47 AM »
Pop Rock -

I enjoy modding other peoples scripts myself and that's exactly how I started learning how to script in the first place. However, we don't allow the posting of other user's scripts outside of the scope of their own threads or without consent of the script author themselves. In the case of Twinkle McNugget's work I guarantee you that he is not ok with other people posting his stuff here.

On that note though, if you would like to post a little bit about what you are trying to do in his script and some samples specific to your work within his code I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to try to give you some guidance.

Kudos for trying to learn yourself.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 07:53:25 AM »
Thanks for checking pop rock,  glad to see people checking before posting ...

Learning by dissecting others work and modding is quiet acceptable.  Whats not acceptable is re posting or distributing such modified work, or even the original work, without the original authors permission...  both of which i'm happy to see you didn't do.

If you post what you want your sub to do and post your new sub so far... that might be enough for us to help you get that bit done. Its not always necessary to see all code in order to help
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:44:24 AM »
That was what I meant, was the ComBined effect of modifying other peoples works AND Then posting it is not suggested.

If you need Help with the Code you are writing that's different all together.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
Hey Pop Rock.

Myself and many of the other members of this forum know that Twinkle McNugget severely dislikes the publications of this scripts, in part or full, happening on any forum without his control or consent (as 12TO stated).

However if you're simply attempting to modify a script that is specifically meant to attack monsters whilst automating repetitious tasks, then you are more then welcome to look through my own script and have at it as you will. I know plenty of other people who have built on to their own personal copies, and since I built this script with the help of this entire community (It was my first script) I have no issues with this community, new members or old, tearing it apart for their own needs, or just to simply learn. All I ask is that credit to the original script is given where due, and that any publications made of modified versions stay on the ScriptUO.com forums.

Here is a link :>

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=7538

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »
Ok, sorry it took so long guys, my laptop that I use for pretty much everything crashed... Gave me the blue screen of death and wouldn't come back on...  :'( Saying that, I apparetly didn't back up most of my newer scripts, soo I'm trying to redo from memory my most of my scripts that I was modifying/making...

But saying all that, what I was trying to do, is get a follow script into the modified script... but seeing as I need permission, I might just have to make my own script XD... Question though, is it... what's the word? I guess it's illeagal to use Twinkle McNugget's as a refrence? What I'm trying to say, is can I like use it as a refrence to know what to do? Does that make sense? XD

P.S. Thanks for letting me know this:)

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
Ok, sorry it took so long guys, my laptop that I use for pretty much everything crashed... Gave me the blue screen of death and wouldn't come back on...  :'( Saying that, I apparetly didn't back up most of my newer scripts, soo I'm trying to redo from memory my most of my scripts that I was modifying/making...

But saying all that, what I was trying to do, is get a follow script into the modified script... but seeing as I need permission, I might just have to make my own script XD... Question though, is it... what's the word? I guess it's illeagal to use Twinkle McNugget's as a refrence? What I'm trying to say, is can I like use it as a refrence to know what to do? Does that make sense? XD

P.S. Thanks for letting me know this:)

In my opinion... If we weren't supposed to learn from every script we can get our hands on, then EUO wouldn't be compiler powered. The fact is, that EUO scripts are open source, they are meant to be learned from, edited upon, and what have you... No one should be angry with you for referencing someone else's work as a means of enhancing your own programming skills. It's what you do with your work after all that, that people pay attention to, and judge you on. Not only in the quality of your work, but in the tools you used to complete your work. Twinkle McNugget is a very good programmer, personally I would be disappointed in you if you didn't try and learn something from his, or anyone else's work. Just use your best judgement in how you release what you learn, if you release it. :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:02:26 PM »
My mistake again.. Twinkle McNugget isn't the aurthor Cervesa is XD Sorry about that Cervesa, I got a couple of scripts mixed up, sorry:(

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »

Tags: