Author Topic: Getting easy All 70's Resists  (Read 10083 times)

Offline GuinnessTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guinness has no influence.
  • Crafting Your Wears Since 97
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • UO New Beginnings
Getting easy All 70's Resists
« on: November 18, 2012, 12:17:05 PM »
Here is the simple way to get all 70's resists on a suit and still have room for good mods. It took me a while to learn how to do this since no one wants to share their secrets with other crafters lol.

All you need is a salvage bag, and all the colored leathers so you can pick through them t get the resists you want. My personal preference for armor crafting is barbed leather, unless i am making a sampi suit without reforging or enhancing to get the fire resists high (the cheapest way for an order on a poor person).

When you are crafting a suit for you or someone else, the best thing to do before the imbuing process is to get at least 3 70's in your resists. I have found through my years of crafting that it is not easy to get that on physical resist, so it is better to imbue that resist up.

Energy is the easiest to get to 70 before imbue, so i always try to get cold poison and energy to my 70's that way you will have only a few pieces to imbue the resists on so you have all the extra weight for nice mods. Pretty simple once you hear how it's done. ;)

i know this isn't an uber thing to have a post on, but hey, it took me a while to figure that part out on my own and kept getting frustrated when i would make a suit and have to imbue a lot of resists and had no room for the mods i wanted.

I hope this helps someone out as it will make your suit crafting much easier and like i said, saves room for the mods.

Never forget to PoF before imbue =)
Community Experience Manager
LIVE Streaming Pros
Guinness Of Atlantic
Owner Of UONewBeginnings

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Getting easy All 70's Resists
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 11:56:10 AM »
ive often made suits with resist intensities where i wanted them by crafting huge amounts of base pieces but i havent yet aimed to get 3 to the 70 mark then jsut imbue the others, must save an imbue slot here and there, thanks for the advice

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »

i know this isn't an uber thing to have a post on
You may not think so but I would it is damned handy info to have.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:22:07 AM »
im currently rethinking a new sampire suit build and i remembered i used to craft all my peices aiming to hit at least one of the minium resists it can have, then imbue that resist to the cap and therefore each piece would have a higher total resist. is this way more or less eficient at saving imbue slots?

Offline mmoore5325

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mmoore5325 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »
Im currently trying to make a metal sampire suit.  This suit is tough to make.  I need energy to be at 45, 40 cold, 40 poison, and physical at 20, with crafting everything but the headpiece.  I am having a real difficult time as cold always wants to stay around 3-5 on all of the pieces, and physical and fire want to jump up there.  I will be imbuing 18 fire on every piece, and do not want to imbue any piece more than once with a resist, so it doesnt really matter what fire is at, since I will be imbuing it anyways.  But in order to do this, the physical resist and fire resist have to be at 4 or 5 each.  If either one of them is at 6 or 7, it will lower the other resists too much.  As a legendary blacksmith making exceptional pieces, I get 35 resist on each piece, so there is little room for failure.  I plan on enhancing all of the pieces at the end with valorite, which will add 5 physical, 4 cold, 4 poison, 4 energy, for a total of 25/20/20/20, combined with a mace and shield reading glasses of 25/10/10/10, so in the end I know I will have, between the mace and shield reading glasses and enhancement, 50/30/30/30.  

Therefore, as a new guy to scripting, I want to know where I should begin with my idea for a script.  I want it to scan the armor I make for certain resists.  Just scan for certain numbers for starts.  As it goes along, I wouldn't mind having it move the armor I don't want into the resource bag or smelting it, eventually it doing everything for me.  But for now, I would just be happy having my script scan for certain numbers.

Anyone have a helping hand on where I should begin?

I'm thinking maybe I should write something to have a cursor ask me to select the bag, then scan the armor in the bag and put it into a text file to start.

Is it possible to make something to make an item, scan the resists, and if the resists aren't the minimum amount, smelt it again?  I know alot of people have it scan the journal for messages, but that wouldn't be able to be used here.  Is it possible to scan resists?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:19:59 PM by mmoore5325 »

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 08:05:47 PM »
I'd look at frneo's Weapon Crafter for some ideas. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=8105.0

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 08:12:42 AM »
Back in the day , we use Dull copper runic to craft one pieces with high fire resist.  Maybe you can try that.

Tags: crafting armor