Author Topic: Ok, so I'm basing my new system on Windows 7 - pray for me...  (Read 15554 times)

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, so I'm basing my new system on Windows 7 - pray for me...
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 05:13:15 AM »
I need to get the RTM downloaded so that I can get it running on my main box.  As much as I really like my Vista Ultimate x64 I think it is definitally time to embrace Win7 (not that I haven't been since the beta release just not on my main box)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
I tried the RTM and it looks/feels pretty darn nice. I used the Beta and the RC and it seems like they fixed pretty much all the bugs. I get all Microsoft operating systems free through the MSDN Academic Alliance at my college, so I'm just waiting until Oct 22 when it will be up on our MSDNAA site so I can download and install it!!! Nothing like getting all of it for free!! Windows 7 is by far the best OS ever released by Microsoft and one of the smoothest/quickest ones as well! I am by no means an MS fanboy, but I am actually quite excited for this!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »
Ive downloaded both the 32 and 64 bit beta.. and cuase of all the praise will be giving it a shot.  I might even consider upping my old win2k system... or maybe not .. its a stable old workhouse that performs automated tasks nicely (if a bit slowly)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »
I have been running on the beta for a while just gotta get ahold of that RTM, I have access to an MSDN just gotta get around to it.

Scrripty

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »
I've been using Windows 7 for ages now.  Had to do the RC reinstall.  Kinda pissed me off, but well worth it.  I have kind of been calling it, Vista Enhanced.  That's basically all it is.  I don't see SO many changes that it's worth buying it as a full price OS when it's just an UPGRADE to Vista... but it's got a lot of useability enhancements I love.  I like dragging windows to half screen with one click?  Love that.  Maximizing by dragging window to top/bottom of screen?  Nice feature.  Also, open a ton of windows, the grab one and shake your mouse! haha

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 04:20:56 PM »
You didn't have to re-install.  you can just upgrade pre
vios Win7 installations.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 04:49:10 PM »
You didn't have to re-install.  you can just upgrade pre
vios Win7 installations.

Yea but that's not the "recommended" way to do it via the dev team. :/  Plus I'd read about problems doing that.  So I just did it the right way.  I don't like having issues. :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »
I did it without issue; works great!  The dev team just wanted you to "test" the installer again.  Silly rabbit!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »
I did it without issue; works great!  The dev team just wanted you to "test" the installer again.  Silly rabbit!

I read a lot of "it works great."  But comon... by the sound of it, you've used Microsoft products for a LONG time also...  I'll bet you 1000 bucks you know EXACTLY why I did it that way. :)  The first time I did a Windows 7 install I waited like THREE HOURS for it to say, OMG, fatal error, we will now revert.  Then I waited ANOTHER 3 hours... haha

Tags: