Author Topic: Introduction: UO Nomad  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Reign7Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Reign7 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Introduction: UO Nomad
« on: August 05, 2017, 12:00:27 PM »
Hey guys!
Just wanted to introduce myself, and I love how you guys implemented this intro system.  It's the least we can do really.  I played UO for years starting in 1999 when i was 10 years old. I fell in love with the game then.  I played on the Atlantic shard and helped run the K&W Vendor mall. I was the first ABC archer to walk into Doom.  I quit the game with the rise of stealther archers one-shotting everyone.  I moved on to WoW, league of legends, and Rust.  I haven't played the game in years, and for the sake of nostalgia alone I decided to come back but found myself missing many of the luxuries of modern gaming.  I'd like to make some of the mundane operations of UO a little more convenient (Dragging tiny rings and gems off corpses to loot).  I elected to go for a degree in mechanical engineering, so I don't have a strong enough background in coding to develop my own scripts.  I hope to one day delve into the deep end of the swimming pool and learn to code, but I probably won't start that endeavor until I'm more situated in my career and start my own home projects like beer brewing and aquariums.  Anyway before this starts to sound too much like a rant, I'd just like to say that I hope to become a part of the community and despite my ignorance of everything coding be able to contribute something in return.

Thanks,
Leprechaun

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction: UO Nomad
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 12:20:12 PM »
Welcome to SUO.   

UO have a way to bring ppl back.  If you search the site, you will find some tutorial that will help you learn the basic.     Start small and build from what you learn.     

I Also have the dream of having an aquarium,  after seeing my friend owning one, I decide to have a cat and get the program that trun my screen into a aquarium.   Never get into the beer, but did make my own wine. Ok I choice  the wine I wanted, have one doing the maintenance/storage.  I had the pleasure of bottling my own and drink it.  Each barrel was given 30 bottles 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 12:29:13 PM »
Wow a whole barrel of wine? That's pretty cool! I'll be honest I have not brewed my own beer yet, but I have every intention of one-upping my brother who brews religiously (drinks fanatically haha).  I've had aquariums all my life, always freshwater planted tanks.  I want to some day integrate a computer desk and aquarium into one.  We'll see though haha.  Thanks for the warm welcome!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 01:00:03 PM »
Thanks for the introduction, and welcome back to the game.  Every time I come back to it, UO seems to suck me back in.  Gotta love a game that can do that.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 02:04:30 PM »
Thanks for the introduction, and welcome back to the game.  Every time I come back to it, UO seems to suck me back in.  Gotta love a game that can do that.
Yeah if only I could convince my friends to give the game an honest try, haha.

Thanks guys!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »

Thanks for your introduction!

WELCOME!

Tags: