Author Topic: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer  (Read 83749 times)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Maddog's Jhelom Farm Taming Trainer
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2011, 03:42:17 AM »
+1
I made a couple of modifications to your script to train taming on Siege.   

1. I added eight more waypoints so that I can walk a larger area.
2. I mapped these 12 waypoints for the coast island off Trinsic
3. I added Great Harts to the tame list with bulls
4. I changed the move commands to event pathfind and added Z coordinates. I was having trouble moving at my new location
5. I added a check in the skill check sub for Siege
6. I added a sub that uses an ROT timer between skill gains on Siege

Let me know if you want me to post it up.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2011, 03:53:37 AM »
+1
Hey Paul, When I was running this I wrote a little sub that randomizes the landing spots. Each waypoint can be randomized by a couple places so you don't ever follow the exact same path. Even a random factor of 1 would have you "land" somewhere in a 3x3 area.

It's super easy to work in to the script also. I used it at the pens and watched it for a while. It really makes it look attended.

Snippet
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »
+1
Very cool. I will take a look at it this weekend.

Thanks Cerv
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline meffie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • meffie has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »
+1
Does this script still work?  If so where is the link to the script itself?  I was a 7 year vet who quit for the last 6 years.  Decided to come back only to find all my characters were deleted.  Started up fresh, built my taming up into the 80's along with the supporting skills then the Atlantic rollback happened and I lost everything AGAIN.  At this point I need some help and motivation getting my skills back up so wanted to try it.

Thanks

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2012, 12:25:40 PM »
+1
Does this script still work?  If so where is the link to the script itself?  I was a 7 year vet who quit for the last 6 years.  Decided to come back only to find all my characters were deleted.  Started up fresh, built my taming up into the 80's along with the supporting skills then the Atlantic rollback happened and I lost everything AGAIN.  At this point I need some help and motivation getting my skills back up so wanted to try it.

Thanks

You need to post an introduction post and get unrestricted then you will be able to access this and other scripts.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline meffie

• Activity:
    0%
  • meffie has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2012, 12:33:11 PM »
+1
Roger!

Offline Shawn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Shawn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
+1
Great job on the script.  I have started playing on a freeshard (UOForever) that has a window pop up that asks if I want to release the pet.  How do i go about editing this so that it clicks the yes so I can release the pet before I kill it?  Its causing me to turn grey.  Thanks for any help!!

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2013, 02:59:02 PM »
+1
  Tried making your own guild? Some freeshards mirror osi in that guildies/pets are green and you can freely attack.

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »
Great job on the script.  I have started playing on a freeshard (UOForever) that has a window pop up that asks if I want to release the pet.  How do i go about editing this so that it clicks the yes so I can release the pet before I kill it?  Its causing me to turn grey.  Thanks for any help!!

I'd try bodfather's suggestion first, but if not, you just need to look for the exevent for renaming and releasing. You'd just need to add in a WaitForGump subroutine (I believe there are a few in the snippets section of this site) and then a click x y. Might be  a great place to start learning how to tweak scripts!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Shawn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Shawn has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2013, 05:47:23 AM »
+1
I will try that Bodfather.  thx!   Maddog I am also going to try to figure out how to edit the script too to help me learn.  I will let you know how that goes.  Thx guys!

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »
+1
Sounds great! If you do start to tweak, post your tweaks here and we can review them to help out. Also, if other people need the same tweaks, they can use them from here as well!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »
+1
Awesome script!!

I added a little magery heal snippet in at the end of your sub ReleaseAndKillTamed

Code: [Select]
if #HITS < ( #MAXHITS - 20 )
  {
  set #lobjectid
  event macro 15 28
  wait 20
  target
  event macro 23 0
  }

It keeps me healed so I don't have to watch it as closely.

I am thinking of adjusting it for the savage kin fort in Ilsh. I will have to test the killing and see what to do and not do so I don't lose my savage kin paint.

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »
+1
I made a couple of modifications to your script to train taming on Siege.  

1. I added eight more waypoints so that I can walk a larger area.
2. I mapped these 12 waypoints for the coast island off Trinsic
3. I added Great Harts to the tame list with bulls
4. I changed the move commands to event pathfind and added Z coordinates. I was having trouble moving at my new location
5. I added a check in the skill check sub for Siege
6. I added a sub that uses an ROT timer between skill gains on Siege

Let me know if you want me to post it up.

I'm training on Siege right now... Doubt if you'll see this post, but if you do - I'd love it if you'd save me a lot of trouble and PM me with your mods ....  :-\
Until then, I'm doing my own mods for Siege and will post...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:31:01 PM by Grandewd »

• Maddog
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2013, 07:35:09 PM »
+1
I don't believe Paul ever sent me his mods (or at least I don't have them saved in my folder). Try sending him a PM.

Offline Grandewd

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Grandewd has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
+1
I don't believe Paul ever sent me his mods (or at least I don't have them saved in my folder). Try sending him a PM.

Wow, glad to see you're still around, Maddog.... Anyway, I just made a small timer sub for Siege which works fine... Basically it just has the char hide for 3min then rehide until time for the next gain...  But, now that you're here - it does some really weird things, from time to time - with some odd text scrolling up the side - and UOAssist thinks you're asking for it to be involved.... I know, that makes no sense, but can't test right now.  But, since I know you're still around, I'll F7 step thru it tonight when I get back home and let you know what it's doing...

Tags: