Author Topic: PvP Dogging Idoc Template  (Read 5928 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
PvP Dogging Idoc Template
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »
I wanted something new to do in PvP too and I combined my love of idocs with a little trouble making as follows. Note, the template will have you singing 'Who let the dogs out' when you're making a trammie's hidden llama life miserable.

100 Detect Hidden (to find said pesky stealther at a fel idoc, they are always there)
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
120 Ninja (for dog/wolf forms. 120 is mandatory if you toss shurikens or darts, and you should)
120 Swords (120 wep skill mandatory for hit chance in PvP)
100 Tact
100 Anat
---------------------------
= 740 total, only +20 required in skill from items. If you want to spend gold you can bump tact/anat or stealth to 120 too. Make sure you have at least 100 REAL skill in all to get the bonus from each skill. Example: 90 tact + 10 from an item does NOT give you the +5 damage that 100 tact real skill does. I've tested this repeatedly, hit 100 real on all skills above.

Stats: Start with 125 STR, 124 Dex and 11 Int (+25 stat scroll and valiant commendation required)
Simple Gear:150 STR, 182 STAM, all 60's resists, 45% HCI, 45% DCI, 100% DI, 5% SSI, HPR 18

Mastery: I went with the mana passive mastery, the only other option is the warrior passive. You won't be using any specials with this build.

-- Artifacts --
Head: Captain John's Hat - takes care of +20 swords
Apron: Crimson Cincture - Mandatory to cap 18 HPR and 25 HPI, Dex also puts you over 180 stam, 10 HPI needed towards cap
Talisman: Primer on Arms Removal - That 1 STR brings you to 150, HPR of 2 required for cap, 20% DI frees up a jewel imbue slot
Neck: Voice of the fallen king - STR 8 and HPR 5 mandatory for caps, decent cold/energy resist
Cloak: Ranger's cloak of Augmentation, mainly for the 5% SSI which will bump a 1.5 wep down to 1.25 if you have 180+ stam

-- Player Made --
Legs/Chest/Hands/Arms: reforge one piece for 3 HPR, rest need 2 HPR for cap. Imbue HPI 5 on 3 pieces for +25 cap. Imbue 8 stam increase on each, rest is resists. I suggest platemail armor and make it mage armor to retain stealth. If you prefer keeping the extra imbue slot for more resists that's fine too, this is strictly a melee template.

Jewels: 15% HCI, 15% DCI, STR 8, DEX 7, 15% DI on both to reach all caps.

Weapon: DI 50%, DCI 15% and HLL 75% imbued mandatory for caps/health. I went with lightning and area cold for the other two, up to you. Go with balanced if you plan to chug pots, you don't often need to vs most trammy idoc sitters.

NOTE about weapons: Do not put any swing speed on the weapon. Doing so reduces the % of the hit spells so put SSI on items only(cloak in this temp) to keep weapon hit % as high as possible. Also, with this template you will never leave dog/wolf form and so will use no weapon specials. That means ALL weapons are on the table as per your wep skill.

Since this temp has 5% SSI and 180+ Stam I went over to the weapon damage calc(http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.php) to plug in my stats to see which gave the highest DPS. The highest DPS will ALWAYS be the weapon type that you hit exactly 1.25 weapon speed with, if you can't hit 1.25 speed there is a weapon that does hit 1.25 for your stats that will do slightly more damage per second. In this case a bladed staff or crescent blade hit hardest at 1.25 speed(that 5% SSI on the cloak matters).

Obviously if you want to swap player made items for legendary arties you could conceivably add a whole lot more stam/SSI, let me know if you manage to swing a Halberd at cap speed, that would be sick for dog PvP.

PLAYSTYLE
- No tracking, you will only ever use detect hidden to reveal people, no skill wasted on tracking them first.
- You will not use any specials, you will always be in wolf or dog form which is why cap speed heavy normal hits matter
- In Wolf form you can keep up with mounts and get an extra 20 hit points, 170 hits ftw(i'm usually in wolf form at idocs, unless fighting a parry dexxer)
- In Dog form you are extremely hard to kill due to the extra 40 HPR(58 total, dog form does NOT count towards 18 HPR item cap). At 6 hp per second regen while hitting with a heavy 2 hander at cap speed that also leeches life you're a mean doggie. Also, this works in PvM champ spawns if the wep has an area effect. Just sit at a champ spawn and don't do anything, let them come to you and they die at your feet. Actually this build is really fun at champ spawns too, if you don't mind the playstyle.
- Set up a macro to use darts or shurikens on 'last target' so that you can keep people poisoned too, takes a bit to get used to using them right.
- If you have a balanced wep carry pots, smoke bombs and apples/trap pouches. Otherwise don't bother, most trammies will die anyway.
- travel is from runebook charges(no fizzle) and healing is from sick HPR (58 dog form or 18 + 20 life wolf form) + life leech on weapon
- Use pots/pouches/apples and a balanced wep for more fight or none of them to keep more room for idoc loot, up to you

- The best part about this template is how easy it is to play. You don't worry about specials, you don't need to cast anything, you only need to sniff out your targets well and know when to run if it's not working out. You will regen quickly so you may find yourself re-engaging quickly.

SEE IT IN ACTION: This isn't the best PvP temp in the world, lol, but for flushing out stealthers at idocs it's hella fun and very survivable. The inspiration for building this came from this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQEwqPzAeYI
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:43:23 PM by Gemviper »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Dogging Idoc Template
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:51:46 PM »
Very nice +1

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Dogging Idoc Template
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 06:29:35 PM »
I've been testing it out. I added legendary jewels that kept the above capped but also gave me 20 more SSI and I swaped to a bardiche with +30 SSI and with 180 stam + 55SSI you hit 1.25 speed cap with it. Status bar says 67-79 damage with only 100 tact and 100 anat.

- Added dragon slayer to try PvM in doggie form = Dragons are 5 second kills with the bardy (literally, 4 swings tops). Greater dragon will still wtfpwn you though, all will be going well then double 100pt hits come in and ooOooOoOoo. The wyverns can't kill you but bring a different wep for them or you'll waste 2 mins fighting one.

- Killed 2 unprepared idoc sitters, no counts from the AFK, the swing speed + heavy damage combo is fun in wolf form.
- Killed 1 prepared idoc non AFK sitter. Tamer with a Hiryu. He poisoned me and stuck a Hiryu on me but it can't kill you with that much regen even in wolf form (170 life). He ran into a house so I killed the Hiryu fast and stealthed. He recalled away and I caught him recalling in 2 mins later. At least I think it was him, there was another tamer at a tower just south of there and it might have been him now that I think of it. I wasn't watching names and got busy looting at that point before anyone came back.

I don't think it will pass the test vs a prepared and experienced PvPer, of course, but otherwise you get to be in doggy/wolf form and have a nasty bite while being hard to kill. Loving it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:35:03 PM by Gemviper »

Tags: