Author Topic: Recording, Streaming, and uploading to sites like youtube  (Read 5784 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Recording, Streaming, and uploading to sites like youtube
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:38:31 PM »
I have played around with recording different things in UO so that I can make some video guides. Most times it is easier to demonstrate in game and talk it through compared to trying to type it all out and take screen shots.

I am currently playing around with Open Broadcast Software because you can use it to record as well as stream. It works well with Twitch and is fairly easy to setup and use. My question is regarding youtube. How on earth do you upload something and have it look good?. My recordings look great on the computer as well as on twitch but once uploaded to youtube, they look like complete garbage. Is there a way to keep it from compressing it so bad it looks horrible or is it better to upload it somewhere else?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Recording, Streaming, and uploading to sites like youtube
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »
OBS is pretty easy to setup, but I couldn't use it anymore because while it's recording/encoding it makes my sound crackle and drives me up a wall. :X

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: