Author Topic: Cable Modem Recommendations  (Read 8452 times)

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Cable Modem Recommendations
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:20:34 AM »
I believe my cable modem is dying...  so I need a replacement.     Any recommendations ?

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Cable Modem Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »
I would get a motorla

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cable-modem/

and if ya have the $

ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - (SB6183) Retail Packaging - White
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:05:02 AM by gimlet »

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
i wish i could get cable. cell phone internet suxes
Just glad to have a blast

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
I would get a motorla

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cable-modem/

and if ya have the $
ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - (SB6183) Retail Packaging - White

The Modem that maybe is diying is a Motorola Surfboard SB6120 DOCSIS 3.0

Maybe because I getting 75mb download speed but every now and again upload drops from what should be 5mb (actual 3mb) to less than 1/2mb and timeouts while maintaining 75mb down !!!.   Apparently all my lines are great so I need to test a replacement modem to see whats going on.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
I was just looking at an Arris TM822G/CT (Comcast) replacement this morning to eliminate the rental from Comcast I have now. Definitely interested in this topic.

With Comcast they do have a list of officially "supported" retail devices. Are you Comcast? Even if not you still may want to look into your companies device support policies. Sometimes this doesn't matter but it can eliminate some headaches when you have idiot, first level techs on the phone that have been instructed to do whatever they can to get you back on the company rental device.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Zurg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zurg has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 05:39:57 PM »
Yes at work we have Charter and they have a list of support modems. I would double check that so you don't have to buy 2 of them EN. Great Point 12Times very great
Just glad to have a blast

Tags: