Author Topic: Is there a way to get Guild Tag without having your guild show?  (Read 5616 times)

Offline KahlessTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kahless has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Howdy,

I am reviewing the docs for character reference. 

I see that it is possible to get the character name, and the Tooltip, but not the Guild by itself.  It seems possible to get the guild from the tooltip, but only if your character has the guild title turned on.

What I am looking for, is a function that will tell me what my own guild is, regardless of the guild tag showing or not in game.  Would such a function be possible?  Does anybody have some working logic they would share, or perhaps this could be a feature request? (if the appropriate devs are here)

Ideally, the function would work like the one listed below, but would return my guild rather than my name.

Thanks Much!

--Kahless

http://stealth.od.ua/Doc:Manual/Reference/Character

function CharName():String

The new function might be somthing like this:

function CharGuild():String

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: Is there a way to get Guild Tag without having your guild show?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:40 AM »
Howdy,

I am reviewing the docs for character reference. 

I see that it is possible to get the character name, and the Tooltip, but not the Guild by itself.  It seems possible to get the guild from the tooltip, but only if your character has the guild title turned on.

What I am looking for, is a function that will tell me what my own guild is, regardless of the guild tag showing or not in game.  Would such a function be possible?  Does anybody have some working logic they would share, or perhaps this could be a feature request? (if the appropriate devs are here)

Ideally, the function would work like the one listed below, but would return my guild rather than my name.

Thanks Much!

--Kahless

http://stealth.od.ua/Doc:Manual/Reference/Character

function CharName():String

The new function might be somthing like this:

function CharGuild():String

I prolly would go and create a TClilocRec Object of yourself. There will be all tags\flags displayed in your name (a guess not tested) and you can sort it out.
If this not help you out i will check what we could do about..

Offline KahlessTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kahless has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:13:01 PM »
Chrome,

Thank you for your reply.  I am trying to get the guild title without it being displayed in my name.

IE, I am in a guild, but I am hiding it in game.  The tooltip does not contain the guild tag.  If I don't hide it, then I can see it in Stealth, but then I am announcing to the world what guild owns this bot.

I am trying to find a way to get the guild tag from within stealth, but without it showing in game.

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 01:16:52 AM »
Chrome,

Thank you for your reply.  I am trying to get the guild title without it being displayed in my name.

IE, I am in a guild, but I am hiding it in game.  The tooltip does not contain the guild tag.  If I don't hide it, then I can see it in Stealth, but then I am announcing to the world what guild owns this bot.

I am trying to find a way to get the guild tag from within stealth, but without it showing in game.

Why you not handle the guildgump? I mean Gumps are so quickly to handle that it should not even be a matter of time?

Tags: