Author Topic: Detect Hidden  (Read 8532 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Detect Hidden
« on: February 21, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »
I looked at other scripts for doing this and they just seemed way too complicated.

I mean what are you really doing? Look for a box, see if it's trapped, move on to the next box. Once you check all the boxes, go back and do it again. That's it right?

Here ya go...

Code: [Select]
set %boxes BKF_KKF_ZTD_WMF_KIF_BUD_VMF_KKF_TMF_UMF_JIF_HKF_HIF_IKF_JKF_

repeat
finditem %boxes G_4
set %count #findCnt
gosub detect
if %count = 1
  gosub reset
until #false

sub detect
if #findID = X
  return
event macro 13 14
target 5s
set #ltargetID #findID
set #ltargetKind 1
event macro 22 0
wait 5
ignoreitem #findID
wait 10s
return

sub reset
ignoreitem reset
wait 1
return

Seems to be working ok for me ;)

*Added BKF - barrel
*Added JKF - small barrel
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:40:32 PM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Detect Hidden
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »
you can use the same box over and over.  also you really want to use diff level tinker skill trapped boxes for diff levels of gaining.  but yeah it is pretty darn basic

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »
lol... ya how complicated where the other scripts? 1k+ lines?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 01:54:42 PM »
They disappear and reappear, also they are different levels of trapped so you need to cycle them.

This looks at one, then ignores it, when it goes through them all it resets the ignore counter and starts again. Gaining pretty well in Vesper bank with this.

Quote from: Kham
lol... ya how complicated where the other scripts? 1k+ lines?

One would check for one type of crate, then GOTO another type of crate, etc.... Ghudahs multi skill trainer didn't actually seem to work at all in there. One used a similar logic to the first, but actually worked somewhat. Mine cycles through everything and seems to work well.

The only improvement would require researching what messages and delays there are... like if you fail do you still wait 10 seconds? If there's no message after a detect how long is the delay? As it is now, it checks, waits 10 seconds, then checks the next.

Actually, doesn't someone have a "non standard skill gain script" around here?? I'll have to check it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:09:24 PM by Cerveza »
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 04:14:11 PM »
my odd ball skill trainer does detect in the vesper area or on leveled boxes.  it has a bunch of skills in thre so it seems long but the detect part is short

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »
C2 did you update the pen part of this script? It is still asking to have a scribe pen on you? not sure if you made the proper updates  :-X

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 08:46:54 PM »
i had removed all the pen stuff.  did i miss something on this current version.  within two days of it being fixed i pulled it out.  let me know if it is not working

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 03:14:38 AM »
- Added BKF - Barrel

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 03:36:18 AM »
Rewrote part of the code. C2 you should consider this as well.

I subbed out the actual detect portion so I could put this in...

if #findID = X
return

Each cycle through the boxes the script would find something with an ID of X and cause it to wait out the 10 seconds. It's doing it in your script also C2. By putting this in you knock at least 30% off the total cycle checking time.

The reason it's doing this is that I'm resetting the ignoreitem list before I go back to find more boxes. This is a quick fix so the cycle will start over after the findID.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:12:00 AM by Cerveza »

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 04:22:09 AM »
OK fixed it completely. Doesn't find X anymore. I set the counter *after* so when there's only 1 found, the script detects on it, then the counter is reset.

I left the findID X return in there just in case, but it should never be seen. The only case I can think of is if a target disappears between being ID'd and being Detected on.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 05:39:22 AM »
*12x wonders what was so complicated about his Detect script*
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 05:49:23 AM »
LOL you have one? I was talking about the ones over at EUO. Most started with initevents so you get an idea how old they were.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 06:02:07 AM »
LOL you have one? I was talking about the ones over at EUO. Most started with initevents so you get an idea how old they were.
LOL!

Yep, I have one in my library that first checks your backpack for any trunks to use then moves to anything on the ground if nothing is in the backpack (e.g. Vesper Bank). Works great, although now this thread has me realizing I should remove the pen trick stuff so I'm off to do that right now.

The ability to put a locked box in your backpack made with the correct tinkering level GREATLY speeds up the training over the Vesper training.

X

P.S. for the record - http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1746.0 ;) (link only four or so threads below this one)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 06:21:23 AM »
There, just updated mine to remove the Pen Trick, now it's even MORE simplified ;) (went from 204 lines/7 subs down to 145 lines/4 subs (includes skill tracking menu and optional Hiding)).

I'm at work though so I haven't tested it to make sure my timings are ok.

X
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 06:23:59 AM by 12TimesOver »

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 08:13:10 AM »
Cool Cerv- I will look into this sometime this week.  Never saw that happening.

Tags: Cerveza