Author Topic: Christmas Dinner?  (Read 8043 times)

Offline bodfatherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Christmas Dinner?
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »
  What you guys eating?

We usually have the traditional dinner (ham, veggies blah blah) but my girl is wanting to have a Cajun dish this year.

I think I'm going to do this one http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cabbage-Jambalaya/Detail.aspx?evt19=1 but add in black beans and lower the sausage content.

Anyone care to comment on this or offer another fool proof dish for a non Cajun?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Christmas Dinner?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:46:52 PM »
For my birthday on the 24th, my girly is taking me here for dinner:

http://www.harrahsrincon.com/restaurants/fiore.html  Stop by and say "hi" around 7:00pm.  heh

No doubt on Christmas day we'll be having a vast quantity of Filipino food.  No doubt there will be fresh cookies because I got my sweetie a nice Kitchen Aid mixer for her birthday on the 12th.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »
  ROFL From the looks of it, I doubt I could afford a glass of water there..

Smart move buying your other half things that benefit you in the long run!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 05:28:16 AM »
I always cook a Prime Rib for Xmas, plus a little shrimp scampi or something :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 05:42:11 AM »
http://www.harrahsrincon.com/restaurants/fiore.html  Stop by and say "hi" around 7:00pm.  heh
Sounds nice, I'm in. Just booked my table for 7:00 although they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked to be seated next to Mr and Mrs Trailmyx...I hung up on them at this point.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 05:47:59 AM »
Sounds nice, I'm in. Just booked my table for 7:00 although they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked to be seated next to Mr and Mrs Trailmyx...I hung up on them at this point.

Wheres the groupon ??
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 05:48:30 AM »
Nice place to go eat it appears. I liked most of the wine selection. To bad its a few thousand miles for me to drive :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »

No doubt on Christmas day we'll be having a vast quantity of Filipino food.  No doubt there will be fresh cookies because I got my sweetie a nice Kitchen Aid mixer for her birthday on the 12th.

My wife loves presents like the big cake mixer from Kitchen Aid. I got her that last year for Christmas, this year she got some attachments for it, an induction hot plate, and a funnel cake maker. I got her some other stuff as well but she loves getting kitchen appliances which is great for me. Easy shopping and better meals lmao.

I always cook a Prime Rib for Xmas, plus a little shrimp scampi or something :)

How do you do your shrimp scampi? I love Red Lobster's shrimp scampi but have not been able to find/make a close scampi sauce. I found one that was good at walmart one time but then they stopped carrying it which always happens and why I try to avoid walmart.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
Let me google that for you.  ;)

http://www.food.com/recipe/famous-red-lobster-shrimp-scampi-393523

I appreciate that but I have done the same search and found that one. Unfortunately it tasted more like wine. We even tried without the wine but no luck. Most Shrimp Scampi recipes use wine for some reason and I have never tasted any in the scampi at Red Lobster.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 06:23:31 AM »
Instead of wine, I use cognac, and the trick is to let it cook down a bit so the alcohol is burned off.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 07:34:42 AM »
Instead of wine, I use cognac, and the trick is to let it cook down a bit so the alcohol is burned off.

What C2 said. Emphasize cook down. It leaves the flavor but not the taste if that makes sense. This works alot better than the wine recipes. I have tried many in the past.

Tags: