0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • dimitrilive has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hey
« on: May 18, 2021, 12:00:00 AM »
Hey, I am Dimitri. I am an on and off player on a few of the smaller shards.
I mainly play as a samp or tamer depending on my mood.
I am interested to see any semi-functioning scripts and to discuss creative ideas for future ones.

thanks.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 03:10:24 AM »
A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughtful introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!
Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the stickied examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in English.)

Offline dimitriliveTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 05:33:45 PM »
Hi, there is nothing left to tell at this stage. Smaller shards can be uneventful i guess.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 11:01:58 PM »
There are all kinds of things to say whether you are on OSI, FreeShard, your own private server. Take a look at the intros other have made, especially the good examples that are stickied. There are a lot of awesome scripts here and an active community. Are you really going to let an introduction hold you back?

Offline dimitriliveTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 12:26:58 PM »
Hi, i will attempt to expand upon my original post as that seems to be the right of passage here and something important to the community.

I am Dimitri.
I first got involved with this game as a little kid around that 1999-2000 period. At this time the technology was seen as mindblowing by my family. Especially as a male as the ability to remotely socialize with friends/family who are half a city/country/world away while computer gaming and getting real time responses/feedback was revolutionary as long catchups over phone calls were not in our culture especially when the landline disconnected the dialup. After mainly being reduced to a spectator for that first year, my real taste of the game was post tram. Since it was all i had experienced, it was the golden era for me. Being massacred at Brit cemetary while others watch to getting your hands on a silver weapon and watching the next batch of new players get massacred. Saving your best gear for PvM and only risking junk in PvP as gear inequality/powercreep wasn't there yet and your 4th choice outfit was competitive. Of course there was also the much enjoyable period of farming Ettins in group, grinding while dreaming of pooling gold together and getting that 300k Earth Elemental Slayer katana for sale on a vendor near brit gate. Not long after, real life took over and the downsides of AOS etc paled in comparison.

Over 15 Years later i returned in some capicity. If i can escape life then i will play but it's a revolving cycle of getting nostalgic and getting right back into it, getting bored or real life taking over after a few months and then repeating several times a year. I spend 90% of time on the smaller offical shards/10% on Atl, so an event is bumping into someone somewhere. Unfortunately any friends i played with are long gone and forgotten  while spotting a name or two i remember in the community but didn't personally know at one of the shards memorial sites with date and backstory of their passing is always a devastating reminder of how time constantly moves on.

During this cycle i have been very interested in how game mechanics have been exploited in the past and exploring any ways they can be taken advantage of in the present. As opposed to things that kill the fun of playing like dupes, i am more interested in how people exploited to get to places they shouldn't/taking/bringin items to places they shouldn't/graphical bugs or creating unique situations or objects. It's often hard to find details about how some old exploits were done but i find it facisinating finding any clues about how players exploited the game in the past and the reasoning behind how such exploits were possible and how they were stumbled upon etc. Unfortunately it seems nearly impossible to find knowledgable active people who just enjoy messing around with game mechanics and seeing what's allowed just for the fun of it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 12:35:55 PM by dimitrilive »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 02:44:55 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 05:06:57 PM »
 WELCOME!

Tags: