Author Topic: Your guide to becoming RICH in UO!!!!  (Read 11272 times)

Offline AdenocardTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Your guide to becoming RICH in UO!!!!
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:49:47 AM »
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:06:47 AM by Adenocard »

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
Re: Your guide to becoming RICH in UO!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »
Thanks for this. I always forget about the rares business.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »
All Totally Valid & Honestly that's probably the best way to make MAJOR $$$.   The only one I can think of that perhaps beats it is the whole craft high-end items / Farm Shame loot & Sell Sell Sell !

On a side note though.... This is SUO !!!   We EXPECT to major $$$ While not even playing! 
  • Resource Farming
  • Bods
  • Maybe even a good ole Gold Farmer (though these days that's the slow way I'd think)

So Yeah.. End Result.....   If your actually playing then a quick event drop for 100-500 Mill is hard to beat for the effort lol.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:42:18 PM »
Or you can do what I always did... Fel event? Kill everyone, loot 3b worth of rares. Sell back the guildmaster of the guild you killed to get them.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 03:23:42 PM »
Or you can do what I always did... Fel event? Kill everyone, loot 3b worth of rares. Sell back the guildmaster of the guild you killed to get them.

If you managed this SOLO then I'm impressed.  If you had a bigger badder guild then everyone else I'm less impressed.  If the guys attending a FEL event didn't bring actual PvP chars worth a damn well you just got lucky!

So basically the only way I see you reaping all 3 Bill worth of items is if you "got lucky.."   Otherwise I know MY guildmates would want a share etc heh...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 11:38:24 AM »
Fel events are hard to come by and normally poorly planned.  And most the time do not have drops rather a stupid statue the em makes worth nothing.

I agree crafting is amazing with the new changes and reforging, but you could spend alot of time and money to get nothing worth to much.

And yes this is SUO, hence why i posted it here cause there is a way to have many toons playing at the same time which increases your chances at a drop or better yet multiple drops for you.

This is just an easy way to make money with very little effort, script the character up, make a quick suit, script some mace and shields, and poof character ready to go, just show up for half hour to an hour on set night and you could have some money in your pocket.

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:04:04 PM »
Or just Ask that Dumb Trixta guy, He likes to give out mill checks at yew gate on ATL,    That guys is very strange if you ask me.

I once seen him throw 500 mill on the ground in crates, I think the reds at yew gate, gave him a High Five, since it created A lot of trammies for them to kill :P

*** However be warned this could just be a RUMOR***

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:06:31 PM by Trixta »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:18 PM »
I heard just the name Trixta was a rumor... all smoke and lights!!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
We used to have fel events quite a bit on Baja. And no, I didn't roll in some big zerg. 99.8% of our fights on Baja are being outnumbered (four to one) by the carebear guilds while we do all the work to make anything happen. Mind you that due to their inability to maintain organization of their people (with greedy ones breaking off to try and score ganks, only to return dead) they will often claim that they are the ones outnumbered.

That particular event I speak of hosted seven of us against what was tallied to be around 45 others.

It was that event that Manticore aka JINX aka Cebo stopped talking to me after he had to buy back every reward he talked EM Seppo into handing out to his guild.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
I heard just the name Trixta was a rumor... all smoke and lights!!

TRIXTA: a supernatural figure appearing in various guises and typically engaging in mischievous activities, important in the folklore and mythology of many primitive peoples.

You could be right Aden!!!!  :P

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 01:59:25 AM »
Old topic but instead of creating a duplicate one I figured I'd update this one for 2016/2017.

- Events are still good but you need shard transfers and patience to maximize on these, events that drop a desirable item on 1 shard are few per month.
- Idocs are always "fun" but a lot of time(afk or not an account has to sit there) is required to find them and wait them out. Depending on competition you could waste a lot of time for no return.
- Farming(Fishing,Mining,LJ) are good for afk gathering. The payout is lower than if you went and farmed somewhere actively but you don't have to fully attend while gathering.
- Buying/Selling is also time intensive, keep an eye out for items you can flip for good profit due to low availability. Stuff like Dolphin Rugs or Davie's Lockers can be raised 5-10m and still sell.
- Don't forget about turn-in points. A lot of items aren't on the turn in point list and some might surprise you.
- Shame isn't what it used to be, and it's a lot of work... imo.

But the BEST... farming if afk but if actually turning time into profit... what's best now among the above(or other) activities?

Offline Darkfallplayer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Darkfallplayer has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 02:12:12 AM »
With these events, I have found the best way to do this i am using 6 cilents for this. Trying to make these chars as cheap as possible and on as many shards as possible..
A little tip to find out when they are,  http://uo.com/events/list/ you can scroll down and export it to a calender on your phone....
So templates i run, i usually get around 2/3 items per event

4 Throwers, - i start my characters with 50 necro so they have a spell book with wraith form
120 throwing,
100 anatomy
100 tac
100 healing
100 chiv
50 necro
100 spirit

2 - mystic/bards
120 music
120 provo or peace
110 mystic
110 focus
100 tinker
100 med
60 real magery

Start these get the VVV arties,  ( crimson, tome 15 magery , orny and crystaline )
Tinkering for using the automon  - new kotl thing generally made with iron ingots so i dont have to eat the exspensive of buying lots of x ingots to repair them
Get bard buffs to support all your other chars, and mystic to x heal the whole army so one bard with provo and the other with peace

Any more questions about events or anything feel free to ask

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2016, 11:47:14 AM »
Just one question - scripting 6 characters in front of an EM... where do I pick up the hair growth potion for, you know, the boys? :)

Takes a big, round, hairy pair...

Tags: