Author Topic: LOL  (Read 10448 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
LOL
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:19:07 PM »
Thought everyone might enjoy this post on the EUO forums. In case you didn't know, CEO is now withholding EUO to the general public for 3 days after the new version is released. Only members of his Alexandria freeshard will get it on "release day".

Quote from: BritBare
So CEO, you say that your objective is to get people playing on your shard, yet you've explicitly stated that all they have to do is create a character and click a link at luna bank. I do not see how this really accomplishes anything. If anything, it creates a bunch of unused accounts taking up server space.

Stunts like this are exactly why people enjoy using ScriptUO, which will be fully functional in the near future. EUO is not the only program out there. Most of what can be done in EUO can be done with Razor as well as with UOAI and other projects. EUO has the potential to become a truly great platform, but because both you and Cheffe are unwilling to truly make it OPEN source, you're tying your own hands and sealing your own fates. You try to pretend that you are all "noble" here since you don't allow scripts that take advantage of skill timer avoidance, or other such things, but EUO is just as much cheating as any skill timer avoidance or dupe or anything else. You can think you're a "Robin Hood" all you want, but you're just as much a cheater as any generic speed hacker. Remember, the fact that you host your own server is a direct violation of the terms of service of UO!

Just my two cents....
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: LOL
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
ROFL, BURN!!!!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:48:41 PM »
Ouch!  Hopefully BritBare isn't holding his breath for SUO to become completely functional.  He'll be floating on the surface of the fishtank and will have to be flushed.  Poor BritBare.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:31:49 AM »
Personally I dont like the way they are going about things.. but thier again its not my code, im not doing the support, in fact im doing nothing but using it .. really when you think about it waiting 3 days is no big deal.  If thats all thats asked of me its a pretty small price.

When you have no other options  rember the old phrase .. "beggars carnt be choosers"

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 04:57:46 AM »
I think initially people got the wrong idea about the situation.

People were assuming that EUO was updated, but only available on Lexia.

The truth is that EUO is not close to being updated because of MAJOR changes in the client. Cheffe is working on it. THEN once it gets updated they will offer it on Lexia first and make it public THREE days after that.

Thats my understanding of the situation....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
I think initially people got the wrong idea about the situation.

People were assuming that EUO was updated, but only available on Lexia.

The truth is that EUO is not close to being updated because of MAJOR changes in the client. Cheffe is working on it. THEN once it gets updated they will offer it on Lexia first and make it public THREE days after that.

Thats my understanding of the situation....
Yeah that's how I read it also.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:24:18 AM »
i third agree .. fist fix then release to lexia then 3days rest of us smurfs...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »
Yeppers... wait 3 extra days for general public is what was intended.  The pot on the boards there didn't read well.  I would be really upset if I had all my scripts hosted there but that is obviously a non issue.

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:51:34 AM »
I'm on board with Cheffe's, "It's free, you'll take what I give you." policy.  I appreciate his work even if I don't like his attitude. :)  Every one of us uses EUO.  I don't feel the need to bitch about how he chooses to release the best program for UO ever made... :)  As long as he still does. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:59:08 AM »
People have become just too accustomed to FREE as in air kinds of support with EasyUO.  This is a good wake-up for those people who have gotten used to using any uber-useful freeware.  I still think EUO should have been charging for this thing; I personally donated over $200 to EasyUO once and paid a monthly subscription fee to Alexandria just to show my appreciation to the projects over there.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 11:08:18 AM »
People have become just too accustomed to FREE as in air kinds of support with EasyUO.  This is a good wake-up for those people who have gotten used to using any uber-useful freeware.  I still think EUO should have been charging for this thing; I personally donated over $200 to EasyUO once and paid a monthly subscription fee to Alexandria just to show my appreciation to the projects over there.

I bought them lunch.  40 bucks.  That's as much as it's worth to me.  40 dollars for a tool is good dough!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:11:57 AM »
I wouldn't Mind working on my own program, but I have no Idea where to begin. Going to start taking some programming classes in the spring. The first semester is going to be boring as hell though.....
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
However, it didn't take them too long to delete the posts referencing ScriptUO.  Here I come and defend them, and they do that....  Why am I surprised?  I'm not.  At least I can bitch about it without worrying about my post being deleted.  (unless Cerveza deletes it....)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:10:50 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »
And I'm hovering over the DELETE button....

H o v e r i n g !
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
Careful there Cerveza,  remember the last crazed admin that had control over the DELETE button.  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: