Author Topic: Mystic Chiv Weaver  (Read 6068 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Mystic Chiv Weaver
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
So...I've been toying with this dirty template and decided to get input to see if I've forgotten anything. Without further ado, here it is:

120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Wrestling
115 Resisting Spells
105 Spellweaving
105 Chivalry
70 Meditation

I am aware that it is over 720 skill points, because I plan on getting 25 skill points on jewelry and/or items, I just haven't decided exactly how much and from what yet so I just included the final skill points in the template above. If I can squeeze in more than 25 skill points on the suit, I'll add more (or less) to meditation.

Character:
Gargoyle char so you can throw a rising colossus while flying
Probably a blue char so I can max out karma/fame

Offense:
Pixies + Spell Plague = Death
Death + 4/6 Holy Lights = Quicker Death

Defense:
Stone Form (in a field fight) = Immune
Immune + 4/6 Close Wounds = Nearly immortal
Nearly immortal + Gift of Renewal = Immortal
Immortal + Attunement = Definitely Immortal
Definitely Immortal + Gift of Life = Jesus
Jesus + Sacrifice (even more self-rez's) = Jesus on crack

Style:
In major field fights, you can cast rising colossus, essence of wind, wildfire, thunderstorm, hailstorm, and holy lights (when they get close)! Individually, you still have all the mysticism spells like bombard and nether bolt as well as the pixies and spell plague. Plus you can disarm dexers and can't be disarmed yourself!

Suit:
100 LRC
40 LMC
70 DCI
HIGH MR
Max HP Inc
Max Mana Inc

Stats: (ideally)
150 Str
10 Dex
150 Int

What did I forget or overlook?? Discuss!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mystic Chiv Weaver
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 12:31:47 PM »
Code: [Select]
Chooseskill Myst
If #skill > 699 
  set %Chiv_Faster_Casting_CAP 2
Chooseskill Chiv
set %Chiv_Skill #Skill
If %Chiv_Faster_Casting_CAP > 2 && %Chiv_Skill > 600
  Display Your Chivalry is Capped @ 2/6 if Magery OR Myst is >= 69.9... NICE TRY! = )
Halt

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:47:05 PM »
DAMMIT! Are we positive on this???
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:19:50 PM »
why wrestling?

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
why wrestling?

Because you don't need high dex for it at all. I thought about throwing but it would require so much more dex plus a spell channeling weapon. And since the template doesn't have magery, you can't use a mage weapon, so that pretty much leaves wrestling. Plus they can disarm your spellbook and you're still fine!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:52:46 PM »

OK I see now what you are doing with disarm.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:18:21 AM by gimlet »

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 11:26:19 PM »
Heh Mad..   It's pretty easy to test the 2/6  --> 4/6 thing with  Myst > 69.9 for Chivalry casting speeds.    You've gotta have at least 1 Myst mage don't ya?  Just Time a Cure Moderate wounds (even with 0 chiv) from Button Push --> Targ cursor with 2/6 & 4/6... They will be the same....

On a side note though... You could use Chivalry @ 2/6 speed while in protection though.... (prot drops CAP by 2 FC.. not your casting)...  You'd be 2/6 Chiv and 0/6 Mage / Myst in that case...

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »
Actually, if you have 4/6 casting and put on protection, you drop to 2/6 chiv casting, 0/6 mage casting, and...get this...2/6 mysticism casting! Not well know yet, but I have a feeling they'll change it soon anyways

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 08:58:18 AM »
Actually, if you have 4/6 casting and put on protection, you drop to 2/6 chiv casting, 0/6 mage casting, and...get this...2/6 mysticism casting! Not well know yet, but I have a feeling they'll change it soon anyways

Hmm.. that's not what happened when I tested it.   

Protection drops the CAP by 2 FC...   so your right about having 4/6 casting and still casting @ 2/6 with Chivalry in protection.  You'd also still cast at 2/6 with Chivalry if you only had 2/6 Equipped in Items w/ protection on.

When I tested it though protection did indeed drop the Mysticism Casting cap from 2/6 to 0/6......    Perhaps you were referring to Spellweaving?   I know that if a Mage had 4/6 equipped he'd cast 0/6 Magery / Myst  & 2/6 Chiv/Weaving with protection on.... 

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »
According to UOGuide, stone form "Imposes an unknown amount of faster casting penalty". So your 4/6 holy light may not be 4/6, even without protection. Plus would your 2/6 still be 2/6? But in a field fight I think it looks pretty solid. You lose some speed in stone form but it can be pretty hard to take you down in that form it's worth it.

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
Hmm.. that's not what happened when I tested it.   

Protection drops the CAP by 2 FC...   so your right about having 4/6 casting and still casting @ 2/6 with Chivalry in protection.  You'd also still cast at 2/6 with Chivalry if you only had 2/6 Equipped in Items w/ protection on.

When I tested it though protection did indeed drop the Mysticism Casting cap from 2/6 to 0/6......    Perhaps you were referring to Spellweaving?   I know that if a Mage had 4/6 equipped he'd cast 0/6 Magery / Myst  & 2/6 Chiv/Weaving with protection on.... 

Actually, if a character has 4/6 casting with his items, then your actual casting caps are as follows:

Normal:
4/6 Chiv (if magery < 70.0)
4/6 Spellweaving
2/6 Magery
2/6 Mysticism

In Protection:
2/6 Chiv (if magery < 70.0)
2/6 Spellweaving
2/6 Mysticism
0/6 Magery

Since the stone form penalty is unknown, I'm not going to speculate what it is, but I imagine it's roughly -2 casting. Thats what it feels like at least

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »
Close Mad, but I just tested it again & your not correct...

The only part incorrect is in RED..

Actually, if a character has 4/6 casting with his items, then your actual casting caps are as follows:

Normal:
4/6 Chiv (if magery < 70.0)
4/6 Spellweaving
2/6 Magery
2/6 Mysticism

In Protection:
2/6 Chiv (if magery < 70.0)
2/6 Spellweaving
2/6 Mysticism
0/6 Magery

Since the stone form penalty is unknown, I'm not going to speculate what it is, but I imagine it's roughly -2 casting. Thats what it feels like at least

1st off...  Casting time  for say Hail Storm would be 0.25 + 0.25 X Spell Level = 2.0 Seconds @ 2/6 Casting.
I used a quick down & dirty script to Test this... & it tests out correctly..

Code: [Select]
key esc
set %mana = #mana
set %start_time #scnt2
event macro 15 691

While #targcurs <> 1
    wait 1
set %end_time #scnt2
set %delta_time %end_time - %start_time
display ok Cast time is %delta_time (10 th's Second)
halt
@ 2/6 Casting items equipped & NO Protection Hailstorm Cast to Targ Cursor is like 2.1 Seconds which is just the latency in registering the target cursor coming up.. (expected is 2.0 Seconds.)  This time is the same at 4/6 Casting also, which means Myst is capped at 2/6 like expected.

When I put protection on & only have 2/6 Casting the time averages out to 2.5 Second Casting time.  If I then put on 4/6 Casting in Items it still STAYS 2.5 (aka 25 10th's) casting Time.

Lastly.. Stone form is a -2 FC..  It shows in the mouse over in the buff bar gump.  I'm pretty sure if you wanted to you could equip 4/6 Casting & still cast at 2/6 (Myst / Magery) WHILE in stoneform.. but as soon as you cast protection your capped at 0/6 for Myst / Magery and all penalties are irrelevant since you cannot go below 0/6.     Anyway... no offense intended etc..  I just tested it & got different results so figured I'd mention that.  You can take it or leave it etc..   The Myst /  Weaver is a nice all around template though.. but like anything else, it's all in the specifics heh.

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
@Alpha: No offense taken at all. I was basing my "facts" on info from other people (without knowing how they found it) so I'm much happier to accept REAL results and not just the words of friends! LOL! Have we determined if you can have 4/6 casting with mysticism 70.0+ ??

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »
Here's the suit I'm using for this char:

Regular Items:
Armor of Fortune
Totem of the Void
Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation
Lt. Guard Sash (Replica)
Arcane Shield

Faction Items:
Folded Steel Glasses
Inquisitor's Resolution (Faction)
Ornament of the Magician (Faction)
Crimson Cincture (Faction)

Imbued Items: (bolded items are what was imbued)
Membo: 11/13/8/18/8 - 16lrc 8lmc 2mr 5hpinc
Arms: 17/14/17/11/9 - 7lmc 2mr 5hpinc
Leggings: 10/19/12/18/12 - 18lrc 2mr 5hpinc
Ring: 1fc 12sdi 5lrc 15mysticism 10meditation

Yet To Be Decided:
Robe - might decide to go with shroud of the condemned perhaps? not sure though
Spellbook - probably just something for extra mana regen and +meditation skill probably

Suit stats:
70/70/70/70/69
4/6 Casting
104 LRC
44 LMC
15 SDI
55 DCI
11 MR
4 HPR
25 HP Inc
8 Str
10 Dex
5 Int

Tags: