Author Topic: Newbie to ScriptUO...A Veteran of UO. Hello to Everyone :)  (Read 2461 times)

Offline vanzelusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • vanzelus has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Newbie to ScriptUO...A Veteran of UO. Hello to Everyone :)
« on: June 25, 2013, 05:58:14 PM »
Hi Folks, my name is Van and I'm a certified UO addict.  I had tried many other MMOs out there but they all bored me after I've gone through my trial period and I always come back to UO.  Maybe because UO was my first MMO or maybe I have been playing the game since it first came out in 1997 when I was just a teenager.  This game gave and continue to give me good experiences and you could do anything you wanted in this game.  Needless to say, this will probably be the only MMO I'll play for the rest of my life just because it is so flexible.  You can do what you want when you have time, there's no need to log in and play 10 hours a day of raiding just to get the best gear; and with me working and will be in grad school soon, gaming time is limited.  One of my favorite memories playing this game was hearing the song "Stone" at the login screen; the song brings up an emotional and nostalgic feeling that I can't describe.  I think when it comes time for my funeral, that's the song I want my family to play.

Anyway, I think that's enough of me rambling about myself lol...I happened to stumble upon this site because a couple of script writers who wrote for EasyUO is also writing for this board I believe.  So I figure I'd check this board out to see how's the community here.  I'm a UO junkie but am not looking to get arthritis playing the game; as you know, there are too much clicking especially when it comes to crafting (and I love crafting).  So I've been on EasyUO board for a very long time now and kind of a novice scripter myself; although since I haven't play in UO for a little bit and haven't tinker with any scripts during my time away.  I think I've forgot most of what I learned  :'(.  I hope to get to know you fellow UO junkies and hopefully I can learn a thing or two being here on this board.  You all have a good day!

Van

P.S. I play on Catskills if there are any Catskillians on here...I think the population isn't the same as it was when I left it 3-4 years ago, which is kind of sad for me.  ATL apparently is the place to be but it's not my cup of tea; am always a Catskillian at heart  :P.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:03:34 PM by vanzelus »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie to ScriptUO...A Veteran of UO. Hello to Everyone :)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
Welcome!  ;D

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »
Wonderful intro!
Thank you so much for joining! Your free beanie is in the mail (no its not). We are very glad to have you with us (this is actually true!).
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »
Welcome to the community.  Join the rest of the junky :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome folks :).

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »
I'll get you unrestricted.  Thx for the nice intro.  You have passed the one and only test.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »
Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 12:37:55 PM »
Sweet, I passed!  Phew...and here I thought I might have to jump through a ring of fire or dangling over a pit of lions lol I kid  :).  Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 03:17:47 PM »
Sweet, I passed!
It's actually much easier than most people think. But I get the feeling most of the "you want too much of me" crowd are simply infected with a terminal case of entitlement. :'(
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Tags: