Author Topic: My name is Felucca  (Read 1359 times)

Offline FeluccaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Felucca has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My name is Felucca
« on: July 18, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
Is that a dumb name? I use it in a lot of places because for me, Felucca stands for unrestricted. Restrictions are the wooorst. Especially in a game.

I like the idea of a self-managed playerbase. The idea that you are never safe brings so much tension to the experience. It's thrilling, and oftentimes, incredibly rewarding.

That's why I've played this game, off and on, for almost 20 years!

I quit OSI in 2002 just after AoS. They split up the playerbase way too much with all the different facets and they trammelized PvP with Artifact weapons and item insurance. It still makes me angry to think about to this day.

Luckily, there have been many player-run shards over the years that have let me relive the experience.

I played on Atlantic from 1998 to 2002, was in the Defenders of the Moongate guild [DOM] and also ran my own PvP guild [NOX]. Maybe we crossed blades once or twice :)

The work that a lot of people put into scripting the more tedious aspects of this game.. Well, it's incredibly kind to share fruits of all that labor.

I pretty much understand UOSteam, scripting is easy because you can click record and learn, there's also the object inspector, but EUO is quite a bit more complicated so I'm hoping you'll welcome me into this community and allow me access to those sweet, sweet scripts *drooling*

lol

I'm 32, I live in Montreal and I Love this game and the people that play it. Thank you.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: My name is Felucca
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »
Well, at first, I did think of that name as being a little lame, at first.  You did explain yourself very well as to why you chose it and that makes sense now.

Welcome to the game.  It is great to have someone come back from being gone for awhile. There are a lot of new changes, and most of them are good!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »
Lol, it's definitely a lame name but at some point I started using it and then used it more. I think initially I used it outside of UO as kind of a way to pay homage.

It's a little less lame outside of UO, I think. In UO, it'd be like if I named myself GrandMaster Lord British :D

When you say there are a lot of new changes, you mean on OSI servers? It would be very interesting to check out the official game, 20 years later, but I don't think I'd enjoy it.

Can't beat pre-AoS :D

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 04:14:02 PM »
We just gonna have to attack you everything we see your name in a post,  maybe that will give you some trill :)    True that many player left the game when Trammel arrive.  Player have the choice of many other game that was coming out and hurt UO.  But still after 20 Years, UO drag you back in :)   

Welcome to SUO community.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:06:37 PM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
Thank you so much everyone!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: