Author Topic: He who dies with the most gold, wins.  (Read 6556 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
He who dies with the most gold, wins.
« on: November 02, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: He who dies with the most gold, wins.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
/sign
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:52:23 PM »
Interesting ideas... but in reality not going to happen... At least not in any official way. 

Now unofficailly if you want to collude with other elites/non-elites on your shard for some serious price fixing i say go for it.   Thiers no monopoly commision on UO as far as i know so exploit away.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 05:55:16 PM »
I propose that a pre-condition of gaining Elite Status at ScriptUO include a willingness to read and understand a set of Merchanting Rules.

I'd fail right there.  I still play because I love the game; gold or not.  I don't even mind rolling up new characters from time to time.  I guess I won't be Elite; thankfully I'm the Admin.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
You have super powers!  You are exempt!

:)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »
My cash worth (actual piles of gold that I have) is roughly 200-400k in each character's bankbox. My item worth is about 4 decent suits (3 mage, 1 dexer suit) that probably wouldn't sell for *bleep* in the current Imbued item marketplace.

I play this game to PvP, I write scripts for those who can't! =P JK!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »
my network is prolly around 5 mil, lol.  thats prolly the most it will ever be. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Nellie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Nellie has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 04:12:13 AM »
I like this idea, and whilst making gp is not my ultimate goal, it does help keep the wheels greased, I do have a certain amount of wealth from doing bods, and buying/reselling but at the moment i am trying to buy the missus a new castle, so would definately like to get togeather with like minded people on my home shard and sort out some deals :)

BTW my home shard is Europa.

Nel.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »
I think 12x^ has played on europa or still does.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 11:40:18 PM »
I know this is an older thread but I found it via google while looking for something and got a good chuckle out of it. Like it or not the things mentioned in the opening post will happen, and have happened, even if the "elite" of the game didn't do it on purpose.

Fact: Nobody cares what pixels you have stashed away, unless they can't display more/better pixels, and then they just hate you for what you have if they are materialistic in any way. Don't be that way!

The winner: I cordially invite you to visit Atlantic shard and head to vesper Trammel. Cross the bridge north by the bank and take the road NW about 5-6 screens. In the woods to the east of that point you will find a castle with a small plot on either side that has teleporters into the main castle. Once inside you will find some 5000 items EACH costing 100+ million gold to obtain and MANY(most) costing much much more. I guarantee that you will see rares you never knew existed too, it's the ultimate museum and literally cannot be duplicated due to the sheer number of 1-off items. Warning, don't step inside one of the three different working moongates on the roof, they work and will port you away with no return gate. Oh, and don't step in the hole by the front door, it will also port you far away to a random location. The rest doesn't bite.

My view on elite status: It's an earned honor for putting in your time on the forums and within the code itself in game. You'll get access to the best stuff from players who'd been there and done that. That being said you can compete with even the best of script by thinking outside the box a little. There are always many ways to skin a cat and working on my personal copies of dozens of scripts here has shown me how fun that can be!

In other words don't stress about elite status, just enjoy making your *bleep* better and you'll do just fine!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:42:31 PM by Gemviper »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 04:24:27 AM »
Looks like it worked out for me!

;D

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 01:02:05 PM »
lol fun times....
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 02:25:32 PM »
Do you know I played uo since the beta and never really tried to make gold for 14 years. However the last 4 years I made up for it!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 06:35:07 AM »
I think I have over a billion sitting on my vendors... and I might have another 500mil or in a bank box on some asian shard or other....  thier is no shortage of gold on UO....   but it does need a population boost...

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
Ditto, passing my first plat was exciting, the second... meh. Burned out before reaching the 3rd and am letting it happen on it's own while just playing.

Buying and selling still tops the charts in making gold, imo. Watch general chat for someone selling something, move the chat to ICQ and work them down a little then sell it on a vendor at full price. Only works for items that don't have any available for below full price on VS. You can also spam "buying such and such 20mil" if it's worth 25 and you'd be surprised at how many times someone will sell.

I think I've made the most gold from insane tinker legs, it didn't matter what I got them for I could mark them up 20m and sell them fast. Use one toon to buy and another to sell and space it out the buy/sell a few hours or a day. Don't waste your time trying to arbitrage lower priced items or items with a lot already listed on VS.

Tags: