Author Topic: Ter Mur Area Lumberjack ELITE VERSION 2.0.6 28/09/14 - Siege support added  (Read 177307 times)

Offline twilt

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • twilt has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
How can I download this script?

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Read the site rules http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=55.0, then post an introduction http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=20.0.
Read through the stickies for more information before you post so you can do a good intro.

Offline poophead

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • poophead has no influence.
    • View Profile
Re: Ter Mur Area Lumberjack ELITE VERSION 2.0.6 28/09/14 - Siege support added
« Reply #377 on: August 07, 2021, 08:50:43 PM »
awesome script! Thanks for those who have offered me advice thus far!

I cannot load my saves, running Windows 10. I read this script saves to registry. Is there a way to save to file and load from file since changing OS frequently comes with a new registry structure?

Also, if I pause for more than 5-7 mins it will never resume. Then I have to completely reconfigure since I can't save. :(

It's fast, something like 18k boards per hour!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 07, 2021, 09:18:20 PM »
There is no mechanism to read a file in easyuo. :(

You can write a script to pull the data from the registry and write it to an external file that could be used to load the data later.

The script could be modified to extract the data to an external file and use that file to load the data - which would be the same as your last run each time.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline poophead

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 07, 2021, 09:53:46 PM »
Thank you sir! That kind of skill and knowledge is way above my pay grade, I'll chip away at this or suffer. :)

Thanks all for support and ideas!

Doctor Poophead

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2021, 07:35:06 AM »
+1
At one point I had started to write a converter script that would take NGFS information and save it to a flat file to be transferred back to NGFS on another system.  I don't think I got very far however since that's when I stopped scripting religiously. :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline airfluff

• Activity:
    0%
  • airfluff has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »
How does the "weight offset" work?

It's auto-set at 61.  My lumberjack has 100 STR & can carry 450 stones.  He recalls home to unload with just around 325-330 stones.

What would I need to change it to to make him keep collecting up to nearer 400 stones?

Thanks for any help.

edit:  Nevermind, I figured it out.

And how does it work? :)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 11, 2021, 01:20:32 PM »
You would adjust the weight offset. Currently it looks like it is supposed to stop about 61 stones under max weight. You want to adjust it a small amount at a time though and test it so you don't become over weight when logs hit your bag.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2021, 02:30:13 AM »
+1
Thank you sir! That kind of skill and knowledge is way above my pay grade, I'll chip away at this or suffer. :)

Doctor Poophead

I did not mean to leave you in the lurch. Sometimes it can be a delicate situation to give too much help that isn't wanted vs. nudging along to the idea of how to do something oneself.

If you would like more help on how that is done - please ask.

I have not looked at this code recently, but in general TM's file system routines are pretty standard. Making a script to read (load) the variables in and loop to write these to a file is possible. That file could be backed up or copied off to another computer and run from there. That would reset all the registry information for this script's data. It would not be as elegant as a generic tool but it could work specifically for this script's data.

I glanced at the script and my own registry. Looks like I accidentally  :( reset my data last time I was using this. So I can see how such a backup/reload script is desirable.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline poophead

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2021, 10:10:35 PM »
At one point I had started to write a converter script that would take NGFS information and save it to a flat file to be transferred back to NGFS on another system.  I don't think I got very far however since that's when I stopped scripting religiously. :)

Thank you for replying to me! I feel honored, you're a legend!

Offline poophead

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2021, 10:12:16 PM »

Doctor Poophead

I did not mean to leave you in the lurch. Sometimes it can be a delicate situation to give too much help that isn't wanted vs. nudging along to the idea of how to do something oneself.

If you would like more help on how that is done - please ask.

I have not looked at this code recently, but in general TM's file system routines are pretty standard. Making a script to read (load) the variables in and loop to write these to a file is possible. That file could be backed up or copied off to another computer and run from there. That would reset all the registry information for this script's data. It would not be as elegant as a generic tool but it could work specifically for this script's data.

I glanced at the script and my own registry. Looks like I accidentally  :( reset my data last time I was using this. So I can see how such a backup/reload script is desirable.

Thank you also for replying to me! You're also a legend! I've got it going well enough, thank you!

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2023, 11:26:00 PM »
Okay Had SOmething happen and not sure what to do to fix it. Added a second runebook, When it runs out the first the second says gives me a there are no charges on that? I'm using recall/

Offline Cadums

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cadums has no influence.
  • I said come on Fhqwhgads
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2023, 08:03:36 AM »
I'm not sure if there are better Ter Mur lumberjacking options, but this script is still working like a champ on 9/21/2023!

Appreciate ALL of the work that has come before us, there are some of us still riding on the glory days of UO Scripting!

Offline stevenintx

• Activity:
    0%
  • stevenintx has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 27, 2023, 07:12:04 PM »
i save the setting and try to loaded save settings and will not load. any one know why or how to fix thanks.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 28, 2023, 01:59:36 PM »
I think it may be either Windows or a anti virus program issue. I have run into the same problem with many scripts that I have run for years with no issues but now they will no longer save settings. I have had zero luck figuring it out though I am leaning towards Windows since I have tried to save with my antivirus off as well with no luck.

Tags: