Author Topic: bufff bar true or false  (Read 3053 times)

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
bufff bar true or false
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »
Here is a little sub I wrote that uses EN's buff bar scanner to return simple true false statements on icons in buff bar.
( EN's scanner can be found here  http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1508.0 )
my main use has been for replacing the timer in Twinkle McNugget pvm dexter
( Twinkle McNugget's dexter can be found here http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2658.0 )
in line 2154
replace
Code: [Select]
!EOOTimer > #sysTimewith
!enemyofone #falseThen after monster dead in eoo sub ad this
gosub buffbarscannerthen paste sub at end of script
I went ahead and added all of the icons in this sub so I wouldn't have to write another one.

enjoy

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
a true false buffbar v1.txt
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:40:29 AM by luv2luvlong »
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Scrripty

Re: bufff bar true or false
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:32:17 PM »
The short answer is no.  And I like what you're thinking with the buff bar sub, but I've written it 1000 times 1000 ways.  It just doesn't work how I'd like.  The problem with the pvm dexer is that everything works in a certain way, and at a certain time.  I've tried my best to come up with an alternative to EV's buff bar scanner.  Because I don't want to use a called script.  That's the ONLY reason I don't want to use it. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »
You might like my script that I'm working on that constantly scans the buffbar and return global settings, so that global settings are either true or false that can then be called in a global namespace. this would probably be the quickest method. Now that I am begining to under stand global stuff I like it a lot.
One script for combat, one for looting, one for deciding what to do i.e. recal here until this then do that. for example that thing I pm'd you about uses your dexer and TM's claw to perform a routine task in game. I keep thinking a script that just returns certain variables constantly that can be pluged into any script. current health, poisoned, etc.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 02:47:39 PM »
The short answer is no.  And I like what you're thinking with the buff bar sub, but I've written it 1000 times 1000 ways.  It just doesn't work how I'd like.  The problem with the pvm dexer is that everything works in a certain way, and at a certain time.  I've tried my best to come up with an alternative to EV's buff bar scanner.  Because I don't want to use a called script.  That's the ONLY reason I don't want to use it. :)

Called scripts are as fast as in built code. Do some testing you will see.

Interesting idea using global vars i can see having globals vars turned on and off according to the buffbar status. 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 04:07:35 PM »

Interesting idea using global vars i can see having globals vars turned on and off according to the buffbar status. 
yea thats part of the reason i wrote this sub, and your scanner made part of what i want a script to do, one script to do thinking ( ie poison level is what, is health below level, etc and simple return true false statements in a series of globals, theoretically no waits would be needed in this script), one script for looting, one for combat operations, and one controling location and current actions.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
This reminds me that I still need to put the Buff bar in the WIT script. It'll only be used for 'Protection' detection status atm, but probably more later on.

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 06:07:19 PM »
The short answer is no.  And I like what you're thinking with the buff bar sub, but I've written it 1000 times 1000 ways.  It just doesn't work how I'd like.  The problem with the pvm dexer is that everything works in a certain way, and at a certain time.  I've tried my best to come up with an alternative to EV's buff bar scanner.  Because I don't want to use a called script.  That's the ONLY reason I don't want to use it. :)

Called scripts are as fast as in built code. Do some testing you will see.

Yes I know.  I just don't want that extra dependancy. Nothing to do with your script at all brother.  I love the buff bar scanner.  It's saved my hiney quite a few times from oath. :)

Edit:  Also it's a bit of a challenge that's pretty fun to wrack your brain on.  Finding a way around a problem that needs to be solved... Make it nice and easy with a #karma variable and a journal message... :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 06:09:12 PM by Scripty »

Tags: