Author Topic: Law Abiding Citizen  (Read 4474 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Law Abiding Citizen
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:02:54 AM »
Great movie with awesome writing.... All the way to the ending which spoils the entire movie.

It's like they ran out of money before the ending was written and asked some 12 year old to finish it. Absolutely the worst possible ending to a movie I think I've ever seen.

I do NOT recommend it, unless you want to watch a great story ruined by a terrible ending.

WARNING
SPOILERS FOLLOW

The idea of a "brain" who turns to vengeance, who wants to punish AND teach this prosecutor about whats wrong with the judicial system... great concept. The preparation involved... this guy is like a living gold ruberg. Each piece falls into place.

Then they ruin the entire thing by that silly ending. I mean this guy is so far ahead of everyone that he should know his properties will be discovered, thus the tunnels discovered, and finally his janitor alias discovered. The whole time they are dealing with the suitcase bomb I'm thinking "this is a decoy, the real thing is on the floor *above* them"... And then that ridicules ending.

Hmmm... how are they going to explain an EXPLOSION in a PRISON? How will they explain a missing prisoner (I'm sure there was little left to identify)? The entire movie is about trying to justify what the system does only to have the "good guys" assassinate someone in a jail cell.

Once more - I can not believe that this is the ending they came up with for this movie.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

Re: Law Abiding Citizen
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »
I think that was the whole point... that sometimes... justice must be bent a little to serve it?  He tried to be right and good, and in the end... that guy wasn't going to stop... and they couldn't really stop him... so they took the chance to stop him that presented itself...  That's what I got from it anyways. :)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »
But the ending!?! How can you blow up someone in a cell and get away with it?! There were SO many other directions they could have gone.... like I said, it's like they ran out of money and just wrote in the first thing that came to mind.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 10:33:52 AM »
It really was an amazing movie but I agree with Cerv that the ending was really lacking.  It really came up short in comparison to the remainder of the movie! 

Though if you can get over the ending then it is an amazing movie to watch!

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »
My favorite part was when he was in court and had the judge ready to let him go after he SAID he'd confess to the murder.  Then he goes IRATE on her. hahah  YOU PROBLY TAKE IT IN... haha

Tags: