Author Topic: Some questions regarding BODs  (Read 5282 times)

Offline savestheydayTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • savestheyday has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Some questions regarding BODs
« on: April 06, 2016, 06:40:03 AM »
Hello everyone!  As you may have seen in my introduction post, I'm an old vet returning after a 10 year break.  I just made an account for mass gathering of BODs, but as I do my research I'm finding that there have been many changes to the system during my absence.  I have found A LOT of conflicting information (regarding almost every game mechanic at this point), and I was hoping maybe some of the BOD gurus could clear some things up for me.

1.)  What affect does skill have in the BOD collected?  I see that a skill level of 70 or less results in only non-exceptional small deeds of normal base material, but does increased skill influence the chances of what you can get?  The way I've been reading it, a character that has 70.1 skill has the same pool/chances as a character with 120.0 skill, which means there is no reason to even GM the skill on the farming characters.

2.)  What is the maximum amount of BODs a toon can collect in a day?  I see that you can collect every 6 hours, with up to 3 deeds in a que.  Turning in a junk deed allows you to collect a new one, but is that limited to once every six hours also?  The way I interpret this a character can reasonably expect to collect a max 6 deeds per day (3 from your que, and 3 more for turning in junk deeds).

3.) Is there even any point in gathering on multiple (non-home) shards anymore?  Way back when I used to play there was a community that traded BODs cross shard, but I'm guessing that is mostly gone due to how drastically the player base has shrunk.  I'm no where near being eligible for shard shields, so transfering gold and rewards doesn't seem feasible.

4.)  What is valuable now?  I'm still learning all the confusing new crafting mechanics, but I have seen many posts stating that high end runics are actually less desirable.

Thanks for your input!

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions regarding BODs
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:52:40 AM »
1.)  What affect does skill have in the BOD collected? I have never observed a difference between 100 and 120.  I dont know about 70-100.

2.)  What is the maximum amount of BODs a toon can collect in a day? At steady state 4. You can get 6 in a day if you didnt get any the day before.

3.) Is there even any point in gathering on multiple (non-home) shards anymore?  Sorry - no clue

4.)  What is valuable now? I sell all my bronze, copper, shadow and dull copper
 runics very fast and pof still sells. The higher runics not so much.

Get a script that turns in BODs - get a script that fills Bods. Fill iron BODs - then use the turn in script to turn in the filled ones and get new ones in return. I usually get about do 100 or 200 in a batch in a few hours

Offline savestheydayTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • savestheyday has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:15:43 AM »
Get a script that turns in BODs - get a script that fills Bods. Fill iron BODs - then use the turn in script to turn in the filled ones and get new ones in return. I usually get about do 100 or 200 in a batch in a few hours

This was one large clarification I was looking for, thank you for the quick reply!  I found several sources that implied there was now a limit to this mechanic to prevent people from constantly churning a large pool of deeds.  This is great news!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 05:45:28 AM »
UO is adding to the bod system with the next publish(95 - details here), and will be adding new bods for Carpentry, Fletching, Tinkering, Alchemy, Inscription and cooking. I'm guessing they might also make bod books take up 1 storage slot so that we don't need a dozen vendors to hold all our bods anymore, who knows.

Point is renewed interest in BoDs is likely, the new system will be on test in a few days(Nov 3rd).

Question:  Timers, it used to be that with 0.1 Blacksmith or Taylor skill you could collect a bod hourly, is it still hourly for low level smiths/tailors?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 06:25:36 AM »

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 07:51:59 AM »
Yup, just tried to get another after 2 hrs, no go.

I also just tried my old bod sorter and that no longer works either, nor do any of the ones publicly released here or on easyuo. Somehow I forsee a sudden increased demand for a sorter when Pub 95 goes live :)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 09:19:18 AM »
All the one public work, for me.   I did have to change the gumg size at one point, that about it.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 09:25:35 AM »
Don't forget that for each bod you turn in, you can collect a new one.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »
None of them are going to work when pub 95 is released, I have no doubt they will add all kinds of options to bod sorting when they add inscription, alchemy, tinkering, cooking, fletching and carpentry bods :)

Anyway, no point working on a sorting script when everything is about to change, Nov 3rd is the release of the new system on test.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:23:00 AM by Gemviper »

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 04:23:19 PM »
I would certainly be interested in a sorting script once it goes live. Has anyone thought about tackling one once the pub comes out?

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 09:58:08 PM »
I will be depending on what the rewards are. I have all of those crafts at GM already and will want to hit the ground running during the "crafting fair" since it's limited time only. These are major crafting changes and a whole new yearly event so I'm expecting quite a few changes, maybe even a cleanup rewards update? Haven't had one since 2008.

*IF the bod books get the other 6 crafts added to them and IF you are planning to work on a public bod sorter/turn in script pls consider NOT sorting bods into books by craft. It would be much more efficient to simply have all bods in one book(assuming that's how OSI works in the new crafts) and to use the gump to select which craft to turn in. ie: you recall to the smith NPC and set the book filter to smithing only for turn in. Then recall to the tinker and set the book to tinker only.

Micro sorting into a lot of books just complicates things. example for smithing, you're only going to do normal gold 20 thru agapite 15 and exceptional dull 20 thru verite 15, ANYTHING in that range is getting done so splitting it into other books is a waste of time. I ignore large smith bods or any bod outside those ranges, except iron of course. 20 ex iron armor parts get bribed once for a PoF bod, the rest get churned for more bods.

I haven't done this for a while though, and I'm sure they will change some small things.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 03:10:25 AM »
The problem with  mixing BOD, is that event u you selection smith only, you have 0/200 of other BOD in the book and the script dont make the difference,  it faster and easy to sort them when you receive the BOD at the first place.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »
The problem with  mixing BOD, is that event u you selection smith only, you have 0/200 of other BOD in the book and the script dont make the difference,

But that's my point,  I'm thinking from a collection point of view here, if your "bod runners" are now going to collect 8 different kinds of bods then it makes sense to build the scripts so they can handle that. If your mule knows how to smith, tinker, fletch and carpenter(not a word but hey) then you select those 4 skills from a menu and he will complete only those types of bods(craft, hand in etc).

Not sorting at all is always going to be fastest, imo.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:05:31 AM by Gemviper »

Tags: