Author Topic: Run mouse in seperate thread...  (Read 1555 times)

Offline stalk512Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • stalk512 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Run mouse in seperate thread...
« on: June 02, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
I know this is probably a real noob question.. but I honestly can not figure it out for the life of me. I run windows 7 on a semi new dell computer I recently started playing UO again after a long break. What's happening is real strange and very very frustrating. I can not for the life of me keep the 'Run mouse in seperate thread' box checked! When I try to play the game without it check my pointer is very unstable and bounces around when I hover over edges of objects, or try to open a container.

However when I go into options, check the box, apply it, save it and shut down the client, then open a new one it works fine. However once I quit playing for the night or open a second client on the same computer it's unchecked again! Am I missing something simple? I googled it and saw some info about going into a file and editing it but I couldn't find that file.

Also i'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section i'm just at my wits end here.

Offline easyrider

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • easyrider has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Run mouse in seperate thread...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »
Thanks for answering a question that I have always had about why my cursor jumps.

Now to answer your question, try running UO as administrator from the actual UO icon. That way you will have permission to write to your character files. You can right click on the UO icon and choose "Run as Administrator". If that works, you can also run through the settings to always have UO run as admin. You also might want to look at your Anti Virus program. It may be preventing UO from writing to the settings files. If the admin thing doesnt work try running UO without your A/V.

Scrripty

Re: Run mouse in seperate thread...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:28:45 PM »
You COULD make your options read only... so the client can't change them after you set them how you like them. :)

Tags: