Author Topic: Ready for the Xbox One?  (Read 42709 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for the Xbox One?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »
My son is getting older and wants to ditch is wii and the  quote "baby games" ... so anyone (i know) offloading an xbox 360 for extra cheap shoot me a pm.   :)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:33 AM »
I'm going to use my 360 until it turns to dust and won't boot any longer.  The One or PS4 just don't seem to bring enough to the game to make me want to go out and buy all my games over again.  It's shameful of these companies to think that's acceptable.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 12:20:34 PM »
I'm not offloading one, but they are cheap around my area on some classifieds sites.  e.g.   http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=30918392&cat=&lpid=&search=xbox 360&ad_cid=1
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »
I'm not offloading one, but they are cheap around my area on some classifieds sites.  e.g.   http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=30918392&cat=&lpid=&search=xbox 360&ad_cid=1

Wow ok that is cheap... whats the short version of what i need to know before purchasing one of these
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 05:27:01 PM »

Wow ok that is cheap... whats the short version of what i need to know before purchasing one of these

Make sure you get one with adequate hard drive, that number will depend on whether or not you like to download games as opposed to purchasing the disk. Also the early gen consoles do not have built in wifi but the later gens do.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TidusTopic starter

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 11:00:01 AM »

Make sure you get one with adequate hard drive, that number will depend on whether or not you like to download games as opposed to purchasing the disk. Also the early gen consoles do not have built in wifi but the later gens do.

Like he said, adequate hard drive.  Look to verify it hasn't been open or modified.  You need to look up on xbox live's website whether the console has any flags against it.  You can put in the serial number and it will state if the console has been banned from xbox live.  Make sure you are getting controllers with it.  Have them boot it up and show you that it does function.  Put a disk in it to verify that it still reads disks.  Make sure that the disk tray will open up every time. Check whether or not you have wifi enabled on it.

If the outside of the console is white, it is an old gen console.  So be wary of it.  Check to see how loud it also is prior to purchasing.  If the fans are running loud and fast, means it is probably very close to going Red Ring of Death on you.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Tags: