Author Topic: MMORPG 2015  (Read 13727 times)

Offline PearlsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
MMORPG 2015
« on: October 23, 2014, 04:24:54 AM »
I don't really keep up to date on game releases. That's why i would like to know what MMORPG you are waiting on and what are the features that draw you to it?

Things that draw me to an MMORPG:
  • Environment & Graphics - No japanese anime looking characters
  • No cookie-cutter templates, endless possibilities
  • No lvl grinding but either skill like in UO or EvE Online
  • Elaborate crafting/trade system
  • Housing/construction
  • PVE & PVP
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
Re: MMORPG 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:11:59 AM »
None, I am however awaiting EvE xpac to nerf jump ranges on caps and all JDC ships. Then I'm going to go and harass PL and pets ;)

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
It seems like everything is a level grind these days.  I wonder why everyone is so afraid of skill-based advancement.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »
waiting for nxt UO expension :)    Don't have time or skill to play other game.  I hate controler.  Plus I still play game on the original Xbox. what can be better then that.

Offline varrojames

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • varrojames has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 02:03:54 AM »
Not sure which one to choose. As almost all the games out there offer tons of grinding with very little story line. Though the game graphics are good but constant grinding gets you bored after a while. pretty much same story of most mmorpg games.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 07:22:55 AM »
After WoW, I said "never again on the level grind!!!".  Then I got RIft and did the level grind on 6 characters to Max.  Lol.  For Rift, I just kinda forgot about the leveling and just enjoyed the questing.  My last character I leveled via PvP, so that was a different take.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
You sound like me, I have 11 WoW characters at 90 all with max trades that, combined, can do everything. I even set them up to come out of the next expansion screaming with gold making ability... and then they go and turn the cool stuff into crap. Garrisons you can't customize? Trade skills that require no skill at all? Did they REALLY think I'd WANT to join the abuse that is pug raiding while saying "I love this" ?? Ummm, never again!

I think WoW is in a fight with Gold Farmers, everything they do seems geared to make earning large amounts of gold harder to do. On the opposite end of the spectrum Richard Garriott is embracing player transactions with his new Shroud of the Avatar game. I tried out the current alpha release, it's actually got potential, but it also has very little *new* stuff not already in other MMOs. Time will tell if that is their downfall, it sure isn't as fresh feeling as UO was in 98.

I think I'll split my free time between UO and "off the computer" from now on  8)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »
I think I'll split my free time between UO and "off the computer" from now on  8)

I'm mostly offline these days.  Too many home projects going on at the moment.  Bedroom #2 is painted though.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 04:27:18 AM »
Some seem to draw my interest but not convinced thus far:
  • Archeage
  • Shroud of the Avatar
  • Dark Age of Camelot
  • Shards Online

What i like about Archeage:
  • Template customization. They have what are called "classes" and you can combine three together. There are in total 120 possible class combinations. http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Classes
  • Labor points. These are recovered automatically over time (passive). It is the core resource required for any crafting action: gathering harvests, planting trees, building houses, ships and so on. So you can't be farming the same stuff continuously

Shroud of the Avatar. I hope they improve the graphics because i'm not too fond on how it's looking atm. Once it is released i will definitely try out the trial (if there is one). I hope it will feel as UO to me.

Dark Age of Camelot i've seen some videos but i should have to read more about it to figure out wether i would like it or not. But it has my interest :)

Shards Online went to Kickstarter before and didnt meet their target. I tried the open pre-alpha play 2 times and i had fun. I felt they didnt handle the kickstarter all too well (little too amateuristic imo and too soon probably). But they just announced they will return to kickstarter soon and have made some nice improvements. So definitely something to keep an eye out for!
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »
DAoC?  Lol, have you been asleep under a rock?  I loved DAoC back in the day.  The best PvP, but only so-so solo gameplay.  It really is a great game, but the graphics are a bit long in the tooth.  Plus since there was just nobody playing on the production server, PvP was kinda moot.  You should try it though.  I actually need to go back and try the other 2 factions.  I've only ever tried one so far.  It was fun back when it first started - I never experienced a land teaming with players as packed as it was!  UO was really the only other time I remember where I noticed SO many players.

Archage had my interest until I found I couldn't flip my Y-axis on my mouse.  *uninstalled*
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »
If you're into DAoC, you might give Tera a whirl... I had a bit of fun with Tera before I had to get back into playing EVE. Damn those high scale wars :(

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
DAoC pre-Atlantis expansion was some of the best times I've had in game, not far behind dread days in UO. I remember disliking fighting an alb chanter when he was holed up in a tower and able to kill you in the stairs with AOE before you could get anywhere near him. Reminded me of a guy named GOHAN on Atlantic, from the guild SSJ during dread days, if you saw him/them you were going to have a bad time... it was awesome :)

At one point Mythic promised to release a pre-Atlantis ruleset but they never did, one bad expansion can DESTROY a game. Sure it was fun for a bit but dat grind OMG. It's not as bad now, you can bypass a lot of the group intensive stuff, which is good considering 90% of the playerbase quit not long after trials was released.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:14:32 PM by Gemviper »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 02:14:11 AM »
Man, I can never pick another one of these up.  My wife is already irritated over my quest to get to 12 wins in Hearthstone's arena =P

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 07:24:33 AM »
DAoC?  Lol, have you been asleep under a rock?

Think might have been hit in the head with that rock. I meant Camelot Unchained. Sorry about the mix-up hehe!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 08:28:01 AM »
Don't worry, you wouldn't have been the first one to feel like going old school from time to time.  I've already done DAoC once and then went back after it was dead to play again.  DAoC is my UO with better graphics.  I keep going back.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: