Author Topic: So You Want To Be A Treasure Hunter?  (Read 48955 times)

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: So You Want To Be A Treasure Hunter?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
+1
Whats the best 6 mod item anyone has received?  I have found some nicer jewelry but nothing that would replace a item I have already.  Its a shame that these items don't seem to break the 500 point cap or has anyone for different?

On a side note has anyone ever got a relic from breaking the stuff down?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:59:04 PM by Canuker »
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »
+1
Should I be looking through the loot for 6 Item Mods?

I don't even bother looking at the items unless there is 100% Elemental Weapon I just leave it all there. I take the gold, Pardons, Essences, Tasty Treats and the Green Bag and I'm off on the next Map.

I've never understood people grabbing the items 1 by 1 and spawning more monsters. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Grab the goods and go says me!

I feel for you 2D users having to drag through all that loot. In the EC you can set the loot to be displayed on a grid and you can just grab what you want.  8)

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 11:40:05 AM »
+1
If you had a snake slayer spellbook, you're good to go.

My Fisher with a Snake slayer Spell book takes hits the Deep Serpents for 98% to 100% Damage with one Energy Bolt :)

Offline TarpanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »
+1
Should I be looking through the loot for 6 Item Mods?

I don't even bother looking at the items unless there is 100% Elemental Weapon I just leave it all there. I take the gold, Pardons, Essences, Tasty Treats and the Green Bag and I'm off on the next Map.

I've never understood people grabbing the items 1 by 1 and spawning more monsters. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Grab the goods and go says me!

I feel for you 2D users having to drag through all that loot. In the EC you can set the loot to be displayed on a grid and you can just grab what you want.  8)

I use a script I snagged from the EUO site called "Chester the Chest Looter" (it's linked in my OP) to pick the chest for me. I have the item IDs for all the "good" items entered in  for it to loot those and I have it loot armor above a certain intensity threshold. Once the chest is unlocked and popped I sit back and let my good friend Chester do all the looting for me. I quadrupled my productivity when I found that script, before I script looted chests I picked through it by hand.

Whats the best 6 mod item anyone has received?  I have found some nicer jewelry but nothing that would replace a item I have already.  Its a shame that these items don't seem to break the 500 point cap or has anyone for different?

On a side note has anyone ever got a relic from breaking the stuff down?

I've gotten a few 6 mod weapons good enough for me to save and toss on my vendor, but I don't actually sell many. I haven't gotten one item with 6 mods on it that was good enough to be memorable, and I've looted a lot of chests since they inserted that change. I've never gotten a relic fragment from unraveling treasure chest loot, to the best of my knowledge.

Offline viniciusxis

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • viniciusxis has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »
+1
bumping this thread a lil bit
i recently started playing on osi (yay) and i made my treasure hunter, but i'm having a hard time making any good profit with it
i have done about 8~10 lvl  6 t-maps, one or two in felluca and the best things i got so far were:

2 forged pardons that i sold for 1mil (lucky)
about 3 0,5 SoT that went for about 150k each
a lot of bad alacrities
a lot of essences
a bunch of useless arties like luna dance, philips wooden horse, etc
one runed sash, two surge shield (all crap)
about 400k in gold

and i just did a lvl 7 in malas and i was pretty disapointed
i saw like 4 items with 6 props and they were all low intensity and mixed up
35k gold, 7 essences, heart of the lion, a bad alacrity and a *tasty treat*
and that was it :/

so i guess my real question here is:
how do you guys profit from t-hunter? where do i get lvl 5+ felluca maps?
i've been farming miasma nonstop and i have like 10 lvl 6 to go after and none are in felluca :/
do you guys go after all lvl 6 maps?
[]'s

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
+1
I only do 6's and 7's.

Treasure Hunting really isn't a money maker unfortunately, it was for a little while when the new items were first introduced but now the market is saturated.

Doing T-Maps is basicly something to do and can be fun. I still do quite a few believe it or not...

I like having the Mana Phasing Orbs with the mods I want on them for all my heroes.

I am a fan of the coffin pieces off that drop on the Level 7s.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:41:35 PM by Ultima »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 11:08:48 PM »
+1
It's even more useless, now that Shame loot is so crazy.  I *really* need to put together that reference guide for which artys/peerless/renowed drops are no longer worth farming...

Offline viniciusxis

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 11:13:56 AM »
+1
yeah i only started it because people told me it was easy to farm gold with it, so i found this tutorial and got excided about it

i haven't come across any mana phase's though, are they really rare?
Sots bigger then 0.5 only drop on lvl 7's?
every lvl 7 drops a coffin piece?

aw, and NObama, what would you recommend for me to build to farm well?
i already have a chiva healing archer and built a small sampire to farm miasmas
ty :)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2011, 12:43:45 AM »
+1
yeah i only started it because people told me it was easy to farm gold with it, so i found this tutorial and got excided about it

i haven't come across any mana phase's though, are they really rare?
Sots bigger then 0.5 only drop on lvl 7's?
every lvl 7 drops a coffin piece?

aw, and NObama, what would you recommend for me to build to farm well?
i already have a chiva healing archer and built a small sampire to farm miasmas
ty :)

Mana Phasing Orbs drop about the same rate as Pardons.

Coffin Pieces seem to be in the 33% drop range.

Ultima's T-Hunting Template:

120 Throwing
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
50 Chivalry (+30 via Jewelry)
90 Healing
100 Mining
100 Lockpicking

Template can mow through Treasure Hunts via Elemental Slayer weapons with the exception of Renegade Changelings found in Level 7 Ilshenar. I break out the Sampire to deal with the Renegades Changelings. 

Offline viniciusxis

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »
+1
yea but srsly how do you profit with it?
i mean whats the best loot you ever got on a lvl 6 or 7?
i just got a coffin piece but i can't seem to sell it (playing on atlantic, how much does it goes for anyways?)
:P

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2012, 03:07:35 PM »
+1
As long as you loot the maps yourself, they are extremely profitable. I never buy maps because it takes a lot of the profit away. I get most of my maps from Maisma so it is 0 cost. The ones from the chest are level 6 and you can level 5 on the body. 5k per level so 25k to 30k right off the bat. Most of the arties are easy to find cheap so I usually unravel them but you can put them up for like 10k and they usually sell ok. If you have an inbuer, you can unravel everything or just the stuff that unravels into essences which is what I do. The sot's can be sold for a decent amount along with the essences that come in the chest. There is one per level and can usually be sold in stacks of 10 for anywhere from 100k-500k depending on server. You also get the gold and loot from the guardians. That usually adds up to 10-20k for 5th and 6th level. On the level 6 chests, there is also a chance for a level 7 map. I also manipulate the chest (that sounds bad doesn't it? lol) when I am done pulling what I want. I can usually get an extra 10-15 mobs to spawn but pulling something up and letting it fall back in. People also like the skeleton keys and pet treats. If you look at it as a per chest profit, then it doesn't seem like much but they are quick and easy to do. They add up quickly and are fun to do.

I know this is an older post but decided to answer it just in case someone else was wondering the same thing. Treasure hunting and fishing are my main pleasures in UO. :)

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »
+1
I do miasma sometimes but honestly i have more fun taking all the level 1's from sos finding and work them up, believe it or not from level 1 to level 6 i have done it a few times. Only reason though why i do all the level 1s and up is making a rune library for pretty much all facets where most tmaps spawn, yes i know its random tmap spots but if you notice they are in certain areas and you just need to mark 4 runes or so per area until someone comes up with a good way to identify spots easier.

V/r
Rara

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 05:20:09 PM »
+1
I mark all the spots that I do on cartographer. I have found that the spots are not random like they say, just a lot more of them. I have hit one spot in Malas 4 times so far. 3 times was a level 6 map and once was a level 5 map. I save all the maps that I get as well and work them. Its all profit and fun and the low level maps are usually pretty quick.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2012, 04:16:35 AM »
+1
^^^^This.  Also, the island maps in Tram/Fel are still the same spots as under the old system.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »
+1
Just want to "but" in on the profitability piece.

I've never recoup'd enough gold to justify the time it takes to complete most tmaps. In fact, if you look at T-Mapping purely from this perspective then it simply isn't your thing, there are MANY better ways to make more gold faster and with less stress. Again, strictly speaking from the profitablity standpoint.

I do T-Maps purely for the fun of doing them. There's something about the hunt, the loot, the spawn - to me it's one of the few actual FUN things left to do fully attended in the game! I still have a major soft-spot for my roughly 17-20 tmappers (I know, I know...it's a sickness).

Frankly, now that much of the economy is driven by the value of turn-in points, you may be more profitable farming tmaps and turning them in for points than actually doing them; I don't know, I may have to do some analysis on that *runs off to start another spreadsheet*

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: