Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 174774 times)

Scrripty

Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 03:04:14 AM »
the only reason I like using swords is the mega SSI and leech bonus I get from the Soul Seeker.... what type of weapons do you use? or make?

I have a question:  What's the difference in swing speed for a high dex character between a 60 speed no damage scimitar, and a 30 speed 45 damage scimitar?  Just wondering.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 03:56:49 AM »
Reference Information Swing Speed Charts

Radiant Scimitar is a 2.5 weapon. At 60 SSI you max swing it with 30 Stamina. A 30 SSI would require 90 Stamina for max swing rate of 1.25s.

My weapons of choice are the Leafblade for 1v2-3 and the Imbued Darkened Sky for 1vMANY. The Leafblade has one of the most underrated Special Moves in the game today, Feint.

Unofficially, feint cuts all damage, both melee and magical, dealt to you in half. The effect lasts for four to five seconds.

If one were to time things correctly, you could use Evasion, then after it's timer is up use one or two Feints until you were ready to use Evasion again.

My primary weapon is a

Leafblade
Hit Life Leech 48
Hit Harm 42
Hit Stamina Leech 48
SSI 20
DI 40

Here's the exact numbers

Leafblade
Hit Life Leech 48%
Hit Harm 48%
Hit Stamina Leech 48%
Luck 131
Swing Speed Increase 25%
Damage Increase 40%
Lower Requirements 50%
Use Best Weapon Skill

I use that for when I'm feeling all Whammy. Saves me from casting Curse Weapon unless I'm actually hurt.

*BTW* check on uostratics weapon charts, plug in some numbers and see which weapons (one handed especially) are top DPS. You'll see why the Leafblade is a Swammy Dexers best friend.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:45:54 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
I almost forget what it's like not to know about the game breaking type of stuff. Smiley  ALMOST... hehe

what you talking about here Twinkle McNugget? dont leave me hanging now lol

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 07:54:33 AM »
Evasion - 6 seconds with a 20 second cool down (8 seconds if Bush/Tacs/Anat are 100 or better)
6 seconds worth of evasion
Feint - 5 seconds with NO cool
5 seconds worth of feint
Feint
5 seconds worth of feint
Feint
5 seconds worth of feint
Feint
5 seconds worth of feint
Evasion

So... right there you have a full cycle. It's pretty mana intensive but if you can pull it off you will *parry* all attacks for 6 seconds, then for the next 20 seconds take 50% damage from all attacks. That means physical and magical attacks.

If your in Samp form, you also receive the 20% deduction from an armored swampy. Though I'd have to say Whammy would be the way to go for the increased mana leeching.

Personally, I use those as emergency only....

If HP < MaxHP - 20
cast curse weapon

if HP < MaxHP - 30
Cast evasion

I use Feint whenever mana allows. The rest of the time I'm spamming Lightning Strikes and keeping Counter Attack up.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:57:45 AM by Cerveza »
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 12:56:22 PM »
So I want you to say it Cerv... outloud for everyone to hear please... haha WHOS THE MAAAA....?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 01:25:26 PM »
More of... WHOSE THE WHAM!

Scrripty

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 01:28:49 PM »
More of... WHOSE THE WHAM!

By the way, your combo up there is a little off... if you get anat, you have 8 seconds of evade, then it's only 12 more seconds until you can do another... 20 seconds total right?  20 - 8 seconds of evade, then 12 seconds left over...?  Or am I not paying attention...?  e,f,f,e,f,f,e,f,f,e,f,f... :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 06:02:05 AM »
Just wanted to note that I have switched to 120 Swords on my char, and have 120 Fencing on a SoulStone.

Since my primary Leafblade is a UBWS, I can have swords on the char for using Soulseeker AND still use my Leafblade for the feints.

Just a little weapon talk... The reason Soulseeker is such a coveted blade is that it has no damage increase. That allows 5 other properties to be on the weapon.

HML, HSL, HLL, Slayer, SSI

Finding weapons that allow 5 properties is actually a lot harder then you realize. The only real source is loot. And then you have to get one that has either NO properties at all, or ones that have a desired property regardless of it's level.

I don't know how many Leafblades I have looted that have no damage, but have FC 1 on it. In my case that steals one property that I could use.

If you make a blade, you'll get the extra 50 points to imbue for it being exceptional, but you will always have damage increase on it.

Here's what I'd consider good on Sammy and Whammy weaps.

Hit Stamina Leech - I'll start with this. Both types of chars require hitting to live. The Sammy uses Vamp Emb to leech life (with a boost from CW if needed) and the Whammy relies on CW. Defense is the lifeblood of the chars allowing them to stay in against monsters. You WILL get hit and when you do your Stamina WILL go down. If you aren't equipped to quickly recover it you will start swinging slower, hitting less and failing to leech back vital hit points and you will eventually die. Either have a weapon with HSL or use a one hander and total refresh pots.

Swing Speed Increase - There are charts available to determine weapon speed with different stamina levels. I like to use 90 as my breakpoint, so I'll get enough weapon speed to swing 1.25 or 1.5 at 90 stamina. For me that usually means 20+ depending on the weapon. Again, hitting is how the char stays alive. I tried using the 30 SSI Ornate Axe method that people were doing. You do MEGA damage and leech back HUGE points of HP, Stam, or Mana... the problem is that even with 30 SSI your still swinging relatively slow, and God forbid you miss more then 2 in a row... that's a death sentence against many high level monsters. I've always been a fan of the "mid level" damage weapons. Leafblades for fencing and Radiant Scims for swords (I don't do much macing). They offer the ability to get really good swing rates while providing a decent damage.

Hit Mana Leech - Whammy's don't need it as much because of the Wraith mana leeching, but it's still very nice to have for the additional leech. HML is mandatory for a Sammy.

Hit Life Leech - Sammy's don't need it as much because of the Vamp life leeching, but it's still very nice to have for the additional leech. HLL is HIGHLY recommended for a Whammy to augment CW life leeching. When your Whammy gets mana vamped three times in a row and you can't get off a CW you'll really appreciate having HLL on your weapon.

Slayer - This ones last because it's the most complicated and may not be necessary. If you get a Super Slayer it will eat into the total imbue points more then a specific slayer. Super Slayers do DOUBLE damage against all monsters in the group. Specific slayers do TRIPLE damage against that specific monster. The reason it's complicated is that you may not need double or triple damage. There's a cap of 100% from gear. You also have strength, tactics, anatomy etc.... and there's EoO, slayer and perfection. The total is 300%. If you can already get to 300% without using a slayer, then really your wasting a spot. If you do a lot of spawn and such then it might be worth having slayer because it caps you out much earlier.

So the perfect weapon would have:

Hit Stamina Leech
Swing Speed Increase
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Life Leech
Slayer

And here's a couple of options to consider:

Hit Stamina Leech
Swing Speed Increase
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Life Leech
Hit Lower Attack*

For Whammy
Hit Stamina Leech
Swing Speed Increase
Hit Lower Attack*
Hit Life Leech
Slayer

For Sammy
Hit Stamina Leech
Swing Speed Increase
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Lower Attack*
Slayer

*Hit Lower Attack may or may not work well with Hit Lower Defense. There are some *cough* Twinkle McNugget *cough* that think that it's one or the other and never both at the same time. I've looked and haven't found anything to say yes or no to this. We all know that doesn't mean it's not true LOL. I personally haven't used the two together, but believe that they both would work.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »
I made one weapon... HLA 50, HSl 50, HML 50, SSI 25, DI 40.  now I wanted to boost the SSI so I made another weapon using a Runic Hammer started out with 30 SSI and 52 DI.. now it would only let me Imbue a Max of 50 HSL, and only 43 HML? did the DI boost lower my allowance of hit mana leech? or was it the ssi that effected it? or the combination of both?

Scrripty

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2010, 11:48:07 PM »
I made one weapon... HLA 50, HSl 50, HML 50, SSI 25, DI 40.  now I wanted to boost the SSI so I made another weapon using a Runic Hammer started out with 30 SSI and 52 DI.. now it would only let me Imbue a Max of 50 HSL, and only 43 HML? did the DI boost lower my allowance of hit mana leech? or was it the ssi that effected it? or the combination of both?

You need to REALLY consider what you NEED over what you WANT when making a weapon now Kham.  Try to get a weapon with the EXACT damage increase requirements... if you have some on your suit, you can subtract that from your weapon... also, swing speed and dex, and weapons... if you're going to be using an ornate you need HIGH dex/ssi, but if you're using a scim... lower that ssi to get a little more umph out of the weapon mods...  HLA isn't as good as HLD imo... some people swear by it, I'd rather be hitting more myself, but whatever.  It all depends on what kind of char you have and exactly what his suit/mods are really.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2010, 04:13:12 AM »
lets see here.. I've got the most basic setup....
Mace and shield glasses
Jackells Collar
Storm Grips
Heart of the Lion
Fey Leggings
Arms with High Resists
Jewlery - still trying to decided what I need.. DI, HCI, I'll have to check DCI to see if I'm already at max, I do need a little more fire and poison. should I be thinking about a little LMC? I'll probally need Intel and Dex Boost as well.
as for my weapon, I like to use the Radiant Scim. I like bladeweave, and Whirl wind....

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2010, 04:25:54 AM »
I used to like Jackel's, but have since gone to crafted gorget.

If you can hit your resists with Jackel's then great, getting all that dex is awesome. If not, it's not that great of a loss. You can get LMC on your gorget instead.

BTW, LMC is important to have when your using mana all the time, like this char does. FC/FCR isn't as important as most run Protection to ensure you get the spell off when you need it.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2010, 04:33:16 AM »
I do the same.. I have a special spell book I keep on my warrior. +15 Magery, 15% LRC, and Protection inside the Spell book. takes a little while but I can cast protection with my warrior after I die.

Scrripty

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2010, 08:02:19 AM »
I do the same.. I have a special spell book I keep on my warrior. +15 Magery, 15% LRC, and Protection inside the Spell book. takes a little while but I can cast protection with my warrior after I die.

For jewelry I see a lot of people just blindly putting 20-25 di on their jewels without thinking.  Make sure you take into consideration everything that adds you up to 300 damage increase.  If you only need a TOTAL of 20 damage increase to hit your 300 max when your bushido bonus and EOO bonus are in, why get a ton more than that when you could get a better mod on your jewels?  Also, LMC is almost a must for a sammy/whammy.  And some people think regen is great, but forget that and put hit point increase and stamina increase on your armor.  You can thank me later. :)

Offline captainsparrow1882

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • captainsparrow1882 has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2010, 09:04:16 AM »
How is DI calculated?

DMG * (Item DI + EoO + Slayer + Perfection)?

Max Item DI 1.00
EoO 1.00
Slayer 1.50/1.00
Max Perfection 1.00

Tags: