Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 173435 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 10:33:37 AM »
+1
brace: 8lmc, 13hci, 22di, 10tactics, 10chiv

The +10 Tactics is just to get you to 100 for damage bonus right? Adding Tactics skill doesn't work to get Primary or Secondary attacks.

And what gloves are you using?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:14:39 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »
+1
I gave up parry for 120 resist.  That keeps me from getting owned at spell casting spawns...semidar and Neira come to mind.

Means I have more trouble toe-to-toe with champs, though. 

:)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:56 PM »
+1
brace: 8lmc, 13hci, 22di, 10tactics, 10chiv

The +10 Tactics is just to get you to 100 for damage bonus right? Adding Tactics skill doesn't work to get Primary or Secondary attacks.

And what gloves are you using?

yeah just for the 100 tactics bonus.  I also threw on 10 extra in chiv to make it 90 just for when i need to res people or my other character.  i'm using faction stormgrips, forgot to mention that.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 10:01:37 PM »
+1
Just theoretical Mind you. Still working on my sampire/whammys, but this is what I'm thinking right now.

120 Fencing
100 Parry (Higher if you want to use Counterstrike)
120 Tactics (Since No Anatomy :( )
120 Bush ( Only take this high if using Lightning Strike, Otherwise just use armor ignore)
100 Necro
80 SS
80 Chivalry

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 02:29:52 AM »
+1
Actually, if the char is an Elf, you gain more by 20 points in Anatomy then 100 to 120 Tactics.

100 Tactics = 68.75% Damage Increase
120 Tactics = 81.25% Damage Increase

20 points in Tactics = 12.5% Damage Increase

10 Anatomy = 10% Damage Increase
20 Anatomy = 15% Damage Increase

20 points in Anatomy = 15% Damage Increase

Much cheaper (and easier cause doesn't require a 120 Tactics) to use Anatomy then Tactics.

This only applies to Elf chars.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 03:22:01 AM »
+1
You also gain a higher chance to parry/evade while you have over gm tacs/anat...

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 05:05:23 AM »
+1
I've played Samps and Whams in the past, and have always been partial to Samps.

Once you get past the Fire Resist penalty, being able to use an armored swampy is a HUGE advantage.

I'm trying this template out:

120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 Fencing or Swords
100 Tactics
100 Necromancy
75 Chivalry
75 Spirit Speak
10 Anatomy

There's enough SS there to use Curse Weapon for a decent amount of time *if needed*.

The key to the template is getting a quick weapon that has Mana Leech. Having Stamina Leech is awesome as well, but can be overcome with Pots or Divine Fury.

Scrripty

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 06:13:49 AM »
+1
That's the nice thing about a whammy... All you need is stamina leech and you're off to the races... High speed high damage with stamina leech gets the job done just fine.  No need to get a super imbued weapon.  I do love the swampy tho.  It's a real toss up in my book, because I'm a FIRM believer in having unlimited mana... :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 07:01:58 AM »
+1
Concur. It all boils down to which you want your basic leech to be.

Mana is important, thus the Whammy. But without health, you die. And mana don't help the monochrome Whammy. LOL j/k. But when you get mana vamped right when your Curse Weapon runs out... ouch. No health leech is a bad thing.

It's nice to forget about carrying Pig Iron all the time too.

The nice thing about this build is that you can still go Whammy. You have a little less Spirit Speak so the Curse Weapon's aren't as long, but it's entirely doable.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 10:43:56 AM »
+1
What if, and You might find me crazy for thinking this, but what about just a curse weapon Bush Healing dexxer, No Vamp Form, No Wraith form.

I know I already PWN Face with my Straight Bushido Template (Taking on multiple fire demons, medusa, paroxymous, could probably do DH), so if I could find a way to work in enough Necro/SS to Cast Curse Weapon, I think the template would be even better.

I have 4 Second bandi Heals, Pots, Full evasion, Ridable Swampy, Curse Weapon Life leech + Weapon Life leech When I need it, with the right suit I never Run out of Mana Anyways ( 12 MR or something ridiculous), and you keep super high damage Too.

Just a thought :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Scrripty

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 10:51:03 AM »
+1
Mana is important, thus the Whammy. But without health, you die. And mana don't help the monochrome Whammy. LOL j/k. But when you get mana vamped right when your Curse Weapon runs out... ouch. No health leech is a bad thing..

I found a little trick to get around the wayward mana vamp when casting Curse.  IF #mana < %amountToCast repeat...until #mana >= %amountToCast... :)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
+1
Rofl, Especially when a whammy cause thats only a second away :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Fusioneer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Fusioneer has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 04:24:51 AM »
+1
I'm curious - no one seems to use healing on their sammy.  Before the patch I had one with healing and I had great success with it.
haven't had a lot of time to play in the last few months, but I'm starting to get back into it now.
Now with imbuing, I'm recreating it as follows - this is strictly for pvm

sword  120
bush  100  87+13
parry  100  87+13
chiv  100  87+13
anat  100  87+13
tact  100  86+14
heal  100  87+13
necro  99  79+20 (bracers)

hits  128    stamina  155   mana  55

armor and jewels
79 / 95 / 80 / 70 / 71
HPR  6
HLD  30%
DCI  20%
DI  30%
Reflect  27%

plus weapon values
Do the extra damages and defense bonuses in the other sammy templates here make more sense than GM healing?
Thanks for any input
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:29:17 AM by Fusioneer »

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 05:02:17 AM »
+1
Quote from: Fusioneer
tact  100  86+14

You don't get specials that require 90 Tactics doing it this way. You need 90 REAL SKILL to gain specials. This was all revamped when they made it necessary to get tactics for specials.

It's a decent template that could work. I had healing on my Sampire before they changed the ability to remain in form. It worked great. Now, as you have discovered, it's very difficult to keep healing/anatomy on this type of char. By lowering everything to 100 you start to take away from what keeps this char alive.

You MUST have DCI on the char. Being able to avoid damage is paramount. By reducing Bush/Parry to 100 you lower your ability to avoid blows. You show only 20 DCI. That isn't close to being enough. One Divine Fury and you are at 0 DCI. 40 is really minimum for this char and 70 is optimal (due to the -25 of divine fury). And you will be either carrying a couple kegs of refresh pots, or using divine fury a LOT.

Offline Fusioneer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Fusioneer has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 05:22:54 AM »
+1
OUCH!!
Forgot about the "real" tactics thing.
And the way they've grouped skills for imbuing jewelry, parry and tactics are the only ones you could put on both pieces.
I guess I'll have to re-balance the skills a bit

Does this resolve the OOPS issue in the first post or should I just bag healing altogether and boost DI and DCI and hope for the best?
sword  120
bush  103  90+10
parry  100  87+13
chiv  90  77+13
anat  100  87+13
tact  100  90+10+14
heal  100  90+10
necro  99  79+20 (bracers)

I can also put more DI on the jewels this way
Thanks

Tags: