Author Topic: The Crystal Porter For Both Classic and Enhanced Clients  (Read 20772 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: The Crystal Porter
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 10:32:54 AM »
Downloaded the latest version of the EC Crystal Porter and it's working beautifully. One click and off I go to the city or dungeon of my choice.

Thanks Gimlet.

The Enhanced Client tool will not open up for me. The Icon appears on my desktop however when I run the executable Windows Vista closes the program immediately. Not sure where the problem lies. It could very well be something on my end...

The EC Client is interesting in all the things it can do. You should check out the EC Client Discussion Forum over at Stratics if your into that sort of thing. I believe it is written in lua. Not sure how similar that is to what you put together but it seems you already have an understanding of some of this coding. I'm not sure how similar the languages are.

The Pinco UI Mode is pretty cool with all the features and add-ons that have been put into the UO. It's really a damn shame that the Dev Team hasn't optimized the EC Client and players who have the "know how" have taken it upon themselves to improve the client.

There are all kinds of features/add-ons that have been added by EC Modders that I can for the life of me believe weren't in the Client when it was originally released by EA.

With the two programs you've already written it almost lends the idea that it would be possible to have a Script program like EasyUO for the EC Client. Heh!

Hopefully word gets around about the Crystal Porter. I'm telling you EC Users would eat it up. They love this kinda stuff!

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
Downloaded the latest version of the EC Crystal Porter and it's working beautifully. One click and off I go to the city or dungeon of my choice.

Thanks Gimlet.

The Enhanced Client tool will not open up for me. The Icon appears on my desktop however when I run the executable Windows Vista closes the program immediately. Not sure where the problem lies. It could very well be something on my end...

Hopefully word gets around about the Crystal Porter. I'm telling you EC Users would eat it up. They love this kinda stuff!

Feel free to pass on any and all information about the crystal porter.

The Enhanced Client Tool should open without uo running if it doesnt it means vista is much different than xp (but you should at least be able to click on the about).

Does it open just from your desktop without the EC running?

It is working fine for me in xp and i'll try it on one of my windows 7 machines.

I checked and it didnt run on win 7 - so i'll let ya know when i figure out the problem

Fixed
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:23:17 PM by gimlet »

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 11:48:25 AM »
Run as admin, or with compatibility mode?

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 01:50:37 PM »
Tried both - no go so it must be a link lib during the compile

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »
I am posting in the first post an updated Enhanced Client and Classic client Housing Tool. It now appears to work with Windows 7 so I assume it will work with Vista.

Ultima - when you get a chance try the new EC version and let me know if I fixed the Vista Problem.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:58:02 PM by gimlet »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »
Works! ;)

Even though those commands can be put into hotbars in the EC Client the EC Tool makes the process much easier. I'll be using it when I make my move to Sonoma.

Another Keeper for sure! Nicely done again!

Thanks a million Gimlet. I'll try and help get the word out there but I'm not sure what the best approach is or tactic would be.

I believe any mention of ScriptUO  over at Stratics would be against their Rules of Conduct. They'd throw a fit...

At the same time I think alot of people would greatly enjoy and benefit from these two very nice programs.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 09:48:19 PM »
Works! ;)

Even though those commands can be put into hotbars in the EC Client the EC Tool makes the process much easier. I'll be using it when I make my move to Sonoma.

Another Keeper for sure! Nicely done again!

Thanks a million Gimlet. I'll try and help get the word out there but I'm not sure what the best approach is or tactic would be.

I believe any mention of ScriptUO  over at Stratics would be against their Rules of Conduct. They'd throw a fit...

At the same time I think alot of people would greatly enjoy and benefit from these two very nice programs.

At your urging I posted the Enhanced Client version over at Stratics but not the classic client version.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 12:14:45 AM »
Good going Gimlet. I think you'll receive a good deal of positive feedback. 8)

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 07:09:55 AM »
Good going Gimlet. I think you'll receive a good deal of positive feedback. 8)

Did my post look ok and did i host it in a reasonable spot?

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »
I just learned something about the crystal portal that i did not know. I accepted a quest to take a mage to Nujelm. I did not have a rune for there with me so i gated myself and the mage to my house. I thought i'd use my program and the crystal portal to go there abd mark a rune, then come back and gate the mage there. Imagine my surprise when we both showed up in Nujelm mint. So any follower or unbonded pet will go with you through the portal. neat!

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »
Wow, that is cool Gimlet! Is this what you created when you asked me earlier to use my Portal script? Very nice implementation if so sir!

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »
Yea - I'm not much of a scripter but I can write some nice VB forms programs. I looked at your sub and then it hit me how i wanted to write it.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 07:25:19 PM »
I am still looking for feedback on the Crystal Porter and helper programs.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »
Just a warning to people who use the crystal portal a lot. The magincia mint command takes you to where the bank used to be and now you can visit all those friendly blackrock golems.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »
I uploaded at the first two posts the first non-beta version of the Crystal Porter. Post one has the classic client version and post 2 has the enhanced client version.
Enjoy!
Gimlet

Tags: