Author Topic: Lord Oaks and his little Queenie Silvani (How to Solo in Illshenar)  (Read 72514 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
+1
I'm not sure who all knows this little trick but I had a lot of  fun with it so I'll share it for those of you who aren't aware of this one. I'm sure it's considered a cheat and an exploit but it's really about having fun and pretty harmless. So if you you guys and gals get bored in game and have the time and patience here is a way to spawn the Mighty Lord Oaks(Illshenar). There is no real reward as far as Uber Loot or Powerscrolls for doing this on the Illshenar facet. Think of it as an adventure and good way to have some fun.

Spawn 1  Ancient Wyrm (Paragon) and 1 Greater Dragon (Paragon) in Illshenar and lure to Lord Oaks Champion Idol (Near Shrine of Spirituality). They will do all the dirty work for you.  ;D

I happened to come upon 2 Greater Dragons so I decided to take them both for a little ride along with the Ancient Wyrm. Be prepared for a few dirt naps on this journey. I had quite a few close calls:

My new little friends do great job and we move the Champion Spawn along in a timely manner:

As we get near the end "All hell breaks loose" when the Ethereal Warriors and Serpentine Dragons overwelm my new found friends:

Suprisingly the followers of the Mighty Lord Oaks are too much for the Paragon Dragons and Wyrms and I end up losing all three of my companions. I quickly logged onto my 2nd Account and grabbed my Horselord and took down the remaining Serpentine Dragons which ended up being just enough to complete the first part of the mission:

As I begin my assault on the Forest Lord he summons his women to fight by side:

Lord Oaks is virtually invunerable as long as his Queen is alive. She must be to be dealt with first if I'm to have any success against Lord Oaks. I grab my Discordance Tamer and go to work on the little lady:

After dispatching his Queen I engage in the final battle with Lord Oaks. During the ensuing battle Lord Oaks unloads a barrage of verbal assaults

Victorious Gold falls from the Heavens:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:18:59 PM by Ultima »

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Oaks and his little Queenie Silvani (How to Solo in Illshenar)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »
+1
that's awesome lol!

does oaks still drop the dirt patch?  it was a pretty rare drop but I think he still may.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »
+1
I'm still shocked Ultima did all that in the KR client!  I wouldn't be able to play through all the tears.... :P

Nice job and sorry to poke at your client choice; at least you are playing UO unlike me who's been doing more WoW these days.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:00:57 PM »
+1
I've felled him 3 times and haven't gotten a dirt patch yet  :'(

Maybe it's rare like a Crimson Peerless Drop? I've never even heard of the dirt patch.  I'll have to check the corpse a little more closely next time. LOL!

Gawh TM!

I'm never gonna hear the end of it am I?  ;D

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:03:00 PM by Ultima »

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
+1
I did doom a few times in KR.  It wasen't too bad.  I like how I could switch to a luck suit about instantly before I killed a boss on my dexer and how I could swap weapons faster.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 08:10:35 PM »
+1
Yeah for sure the arm/disarm & equiping items is pretty good.

I also really like being able to zoom in and out. Titan Quest was like that so you can get up really close so it's almost like 3D or you can zoom way out so you have a bird's eye view. It's nice being able to see monsters from far away and they're not able to target you. I feel empowered  ;D

Hopefully they do right by Stygian Abyss and we have an even better client. Then TM won't be able to bust my chops!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »
+1
I say a little prayer to the "Please don't let the SA client suck" Gods every night before I tuck myself in......
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 11:15:32 PM »
+1
I say a little prayer to the "Please don't let the SA client suck" Gods every night before I tuck myself in......

LOL

I think that EVERYTIME someone mentions it.  I wouldn't mind messing around with a new client at times :P  I had a nice exploit on KR to let me run uber fast till I got jailed lol.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 07:39:33 AM »
+1
slick little write up here for sure! Loved the screen shots of the final level surrounding your paragons! The dirt patch does still spawn on the fel oaks.  I don't think it ever spawned on the tram ones.

BTW - i have been wondering this for some time if you tamed and released greater dragons all around the outside of the fel oaks bowl would they still have neg karma and kill off all the level one and two spawn that hits way out there.  Anyone actually do it?  I know you could bring rikktor over to oaks for quite a show! 

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 03:37:02 PM »
+1
slick little write up here for sure! Loved the screen shots of the final level surrounding your paragons! The dirt patch does still spawn on the fel oaks.  I don't think it ever spawned on the tram ones.

BTW - i have been wondering this for some time if you tamed and released greater dragons all around the outside of the fel oaks bowl would they still have neg karma and kill off all the level one and two spawn that hits way out there.  Anyone actually do it?  I know you could bring rikktor over to oaks for quite a show! 

Not sure how released Dragons would work at Fel but I just might have to give it a try the next time I get bored. If you find out first let me know.  :)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 02:54:00 AM »
+1
I wondered if others had tried this. I've actually never done the whole spawn this way but I've done this with newb characters to gather gold and scrolls (like on Origin when it first started).

Never tried it with Paragons either, just an Ancient Wyrm once which took it to level two then died.

We used to haul stuff up from Bog to do Oaks in Fel sometimes, forgot what they're called but those big blue slime looking things that spawn other minor monsters. They were good for pushing along level 1 before the peace necro made all other spawn characters practically obsolete lol.

Good stuff Ultima!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 03:19:39 PM »
+1
Couple years ago the guild I was with would always do Oaks then when Silvani and Oaks pop, we'd lure them to the COD spawn. The two of them worked it incredibly fast all the way to the champ (most of the time atleast). Then the champs would fight each other and we'd unload on both.... Good times

Offline chance fate

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • chance fate has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:11 PM »
+1
I like the tactics, would that still work today , ill have to try it sounds like fun. thxs for the insight

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 05:15:29 AM »
+1
With the champ spawn changes this could work lol

Offline subpar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • subpar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 03:43:46 PM »
+1
Thanks for the tip.

I mainly play in KR myself.  I'm hoping they really improve on it with SA.  Until then, the UI modders have done a great job at fixing the interface and even some of the bugs.  Bitter Black Enhanced is quite an improvement.

Tags: