Author Topic: Different computers  (Read 2991 times)

Offline ilikefireTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ilikefire has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Different computers
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »
I run Archangels serpent hunter script on my main computer with no problems, but when I try to run the script on my other computer with another account every time i fish up a Serpent, it kills the serpent, finds the serpent, loots the serpent, and then gives me your over weight gump. This is not true, i am not over weight or have to many items.

My Main computer runs Vista, Secondary Runs Windows 7. (I did run as Adim in on the 7 computer).

Question one: Any Idea's what is causing this?

Question two: The first time I ran this script I had to toggle a safe spot rune book, but do not have to do it any more. i even deleted the file and downloaded it again and it still saves that setting. Where does it save this setting so it always knows what rune book to use?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:34:30 PM by ilikefire »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Different computers
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »
The safe spot is saved in your registry. do not remember looking at which file it was but i used to use the script back a few years ago.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:32:01 PM by Masscre »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:26:29 PM »
Where can I find the Registry?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »
The registry file is located along with all your other windows and program registry files.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
Ummmm..... I'm seeing the potential start of a catastrophic discussion here. You need to use a regedit to modify values in your registry ilikefire (Start/Run/type regedit/hit enter)

Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EasyUO and you will see all persistent variables you have stored on your computer from different scripts you've run over time.

Here is the easyuo link that discusses variables including persistent.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
or... you could search the script for the * char.

Anything after the * char is a Persistent variable which will be found in the registry.

If you copy/paste all the * info you find in that script you can run another script to clear them all out of the registry, or actually set them to nothing.

Here's what I mean.

Search the script and you see this:

Code: [Select]
set *savedstuff1 #findID
So you know that "*savedstuff1" is a persistent variable... copy and paste that into a new script like this:

set *savedstuff1
halt

And that will set that variable to empty in your registry. If you find a bunch, just put them all down like:

set *savedstuff1
set *mysettings
set *saveitemlist
set *bananas
halt

If you really want to clean them all out of the registry by hand, be very sure you know what you are doing. Persistent variables sometimes fill a LARGE line and you have to be extremely careful when removing them to ensure spacing and such remains intact.

*Edit:

Here's a couple examples from the actual script which can be found HERE

set *ArchangelSerpHunter_BackpackPOS_X #contposX
  set *ArchangelSerpHunter_BackpackPOS_Y #contposY

set *ArchangelSerpHunter_PaperdollPOS_X #contposX
  set *ArchangelSerpHunter_PaperdollPOS_Y #contposY

set *ArchangelSerpHunter_RunebookSafe #ltargetid

set *ArchangelSerpHunter_BoatKey #ltargetid

set *ArchangelSerpHunter_Blade #ltargetid

You get the idea, those are all persistent variables that are saved in the registry. If you want to default them out to nothing.... just remove the #contposX, #contposY, #ltargetid and the variables will be cleaned until the next time you run setup.

I personally don't think this is your problem.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:48:29 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 06:33:55 AM »
Thank every one, I am not exactly sure what i did, but i got it working with your help.

Tags: