Author Topic: Reviews and stuff... read me first  (Read 9547 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Reviews and stuff... read me first
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:46:30 AM »
I'm just putting these in here in case someone might be looking to get a new game. These reviews I'm putting up are from personal experience.

I'd like to keep them going. But I think we need some type of rating system, and a few areas that need to be covered when reviewing.

Like: I'd like each review to include what age group the game would be best suited for. Maybe we can include that in the title, so if someone is looking for a game for a 14 yr old nephew, they can quickly check the title.

All reviews should be personal experience and not just regurgitated from some other site.

And anyone who has a game thats reviewed PLEASE speak up in a reply!! The more opinions we have on a game the better it is for anyone considering one.

Lets use this post to talk about rating scales and such.... I don't want to use a,b,c,d,f scale or the 100% scale. A simple 10 or 5 or even 3 point scale is best.

The ratings must include - at the extremes - Not Recommended and Must Have... so if we use a scale of 5

1 - Not Recommended
2 - Not all that good
3 - It's ok, nothing special
4 - Good game
5 - Must have this in your gaming library

We need enough of a scale to give raters room to rate, and so all games don't wind up with the same rating.

1 - Not Recommended
2 - Tie it to a tree to keep crows away from the garden
3 - Use it as a coaster
4 - Filler so the other games don't fall over on the shelf
5 - It's OK
6 - ????
7 - ????
8 - Gift material for someone you like
9 - In the console when the party starts
10 - MUST have this one.

Anyways... you gets the idea....
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Reviews and stuff... read me first
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:18:30 PM »
OMG do you work in a video game store? or did you buy all of these games?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:19:52 PM »
Cerveza = Wii Slut!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
I've owned a wii since the day it was released (US version) and I don't even have that many games.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
Mostly rentals. Use em for a few days to decide if we're going to buy.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »
damn I duno about where you live, but its almost 9 bucks to rent a video game out here.  I rented a video game about a year ago.. guy said it was 7 bucks, I was like.. what?, what happened to 4 bucks?. he said that was like 5 years ago.. told him Guess I haven't rented a video game in a while eh?

Tags: