Author Topic: Hands on Review: Boom Blox  (Read 8698 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Hands on Review: Boom Blox
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:15:50 AM »
We were unable to come up with a consensus on this one. I liked it and my 8yr old son didn't.

I liked the physics of the game. Knocking blocks into others, chain reactions, etc....

My son didn't like the difficulty of some of the "puzzles".

See you need to get all the crystal blocks to the ground. You're given a number of throws to do it. Most have 1 or 2 as Gold Medal. There are special blocks that do different things, like explode.

Like I said earlier, I like the physics. What I didn't like was having to throw every time. I can see why all these people are having these Wii related injuries. I suppose it's kind of a catch 22 for game producers. They want to use the motion of the controller, but don't want to alienate a bunch of their players.

[rant]I wish more Wii game producers would make the motion more optional. This game is a perfect example. You target the block you want to aim at with the A button, then move your arm like throwing and release the A. Why not make it optional to "throw", by simply making A lock on , then B shoot? It would open this game (and others like it) up to more people.[/rant]

So bottom line for us.... I would not recommend it simply because it's too much throwing (I mean I wouldn't recommend it for ME), and my son doesn't recommend it because he's 8 and unless it's an exceptional playing experience, he looses interest very quickly.

It's a great game concept, and I'm sure others will really enjoy it. Boom Blox just didn't fit in with our family. 
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hands on Review: Boom Blox
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:09:12 PM »
um.. Loved it!
great party game with the buds.. Just got to keep reminding them to put the strap on, (hehe i said Strap On)
don't want a wii-mote smashing through my DLP

Tags: