Author Topic: Candelabra vacume  (Read 16359 times)

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Candelabra vacume
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »
or just do what all the other "Cheaters" do and mod your client to make those items passable...

I resent this... :(
When people get wise enough to figure out "Hey if they try to rubberband through again, we can just trap them!

And actually this can BECOME a bannable offense. I've seen it happen in the past (I have been factioning since it was released in the Test Realms) You can either 1. Have a multitude of people page about blocking, or 2. Get killed in the middle of the objects (Which method you prefer to us as a means of getting INTO them is up to you) then claim that the opposing faction refuses to let you out, and that help stuck will not work.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 04:06:59 AM »
or just do what all the other "Cheaters" do and mod your client to make those items passable...

When people get wise enough to figure out "Hey if they try to rubberband through again, we can just trap them!

And actually this can BECOME a bannable offense. I've seen it happen in the past (I have been factioning since it was released in the Test Realms) You can either 1. Have a multitude of people page about blocking, or 2. Get killed in the middle of the objects (Which method you prefer to us as a means of getting INTO them is up to you) then claim that the opposing faction refuses to let you out, and that help stuck will not work.

You ARE allowed to block faction bases with whatever you like.  You are NOT allowed to "completely" block gates/dungeons/harrys/spawns, whatever, with blocking items.  A one space tile is required at those areas.

Again, as Twinkle McNugget said, blocking the faction base with ANYTHING you want is NOT a bannable offense. You can completely block a faction base entrance with 125 candelabras on evey single tile, it is allowed in faction bases... but in faction bases ONLY. It does not matter how many people page, because it is NOT illegal.

And while we are throwing around "how long we have been playing", I have been playing the game since beta and factions on and off since they were initially released :) I have seen lots of things happen in the past... that does not make them true today.  Also some things, including bans,  that happened in the past were chiefly because a GM was a member of the guild or faction that was doing the paging.  I have personally played in a guild with a GM in the past... lets just say that we had complete freedom to do anything we wanted.
I wish i had a GM friend today! lol

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 05:22:06 AM »
I used to mod my client and candelabras are certainly passable.

Don't think so anymore. Believe they changed it all to a serverside check. I played around with a couple that used to be passable, and they just aren't anymore. I will try candleabras though, but I doubt it would work.

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »

You ARE allowed to block faction bases with whatever you like.  You are NOT allowed to "completely" block gates/dungeons/harrys/spawns, whatever, with blocking items.  A one space tile is required at those areas.

Again, as Twinkle McNugget said, blocking the faction base with ANYTHING you want is NOT a bannable offense. You can completely block a faction base entrance with 125 candelabras on evey single tile, it is allowed in faction bases... but in faction bases ONLY. It does not matter how many people page, because it is NOT illegal.

And while we are throwing around "how long we have been playing", I have been playing the game since beta and factions on and off since they were initially released :) I have seen lots of things happen in the past... that does not make them true today.  Also some things, including bans,  that happened in the past were chiefly because a GM was a member of the guild or faction that was doing the paging.  I have personally played in a guild with a GM in the past... lets just say that we had complete freedom to do anything we wanted.
I wish i had a GM friend today! lol

JaF

And again, I can tell you from experience, that my guild and I have been told numerous times that it is illegal, 2 of our guild members received 72 hours bans less then two months ago for it, and 5 years ago my main account was perma banned for being the tinker who created the candelabras (also being in base at the same time)  that were blocking the base. We were told that using such tactics was legal ONLY if there was a clear and visible path OUT of the base. Gee, I sure wish I had a GM to do all my bidding back then. ^^

Also, I will see your beta, and raise you three tent deeds that I purchased just after tent deeds were released.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:52:40 AM by dxrom »

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 09:33:04 AM »
Yeah the inconsistency among GMs always scares me. I'd never block off the whole faction base, not worth getting banned over if you get an idiot GM.. Of course, you could probably get it reversed by emailing them with the official dev response, but it might take up to a week.

Offline dxrom

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
Yeah the inconsistency among GMs always scares me. I'd never block off the whole faction base, not worth getting banned over if you get an idiot GM.. Of course, you could probably get it reversed by emailing them with the official dev response, but it might take up to a week.

I've tried, :(
They wouldn't reverse my ban because I had disputed it too many times or something -.-

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »
Quote from the Five on Friday - July 3, 2008 ... link below quote

"What are the rules regarding blocking off areas in faction warfare?"

There are a couple of different possible cases - here is the breakdown:

Faction Vendors: There MUST be a path between or around them. If there is not, the GMs will take action.

In A Faction City (but not in the stronghold): If there are items placed in such a way that other players can't move them easily (many many candelabras on one tile, for example) the GMs will take action.

In A Faction Stronghold: Anything goes.

If the GMs are forced to take action in any case, they will delete the items/vendors that are blocking a player's path. The faction signup stone is a good indication of where a faction stronghold begins. Keeping that in mind, any blocking that occurs outside of that area may warrant action

http://www.uoguide.com/Five_on_Friday_-_July_3,_2008

Nuff said :)

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 03:10:49 PM »
Yeah there's the official ruling, but I still don't trust GMs to know all the rules. I wouldn't take a risk of being the one to get banned over this.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 03:57:01 PM »
Yeah there's the official ruling, but I still don't trust GMs to know all the rules. I wouldn't take a risk of being the one to get banned over this.

See, I am quite opposite of this attitude.  I am very quick to point out to GM's when they are wrong.  I don't tolerate incompetence from any one who is supposed to be performing a job.  My boss doe's not tolerate incompetence from me, and I would bet that nearly every one here has the same deal at work.  I have fired several people that worked for me who were incompetent. We pay for support. I expect that support to be the best, or at a minimum at least competent to perform the duties of their job correctly.  Knowing the rules that you are enforcing is PART OF THE JOB!  I am not afraid to point that out to GM's and if need be to their boss.  They may ban me initially, but I will win if I am playing within the rules that their bosses have set.

Just my two cents worth.  Of course, I generally just dislike most people.  Once I respect you, I like you... but respect is earned, not given because of a position that your in.  I am an a-hole... I know.. but I am a competent one!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
I generally dislike most people as well, so I don't give them the opp. to screw up. But, I see what you mean, and I don't see how they wouldn't reverse the ban.

Offline SnoopTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Snoop has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
  I am an a-hole... I know.. but I am a competent one!

you sure were talking about the same JaF?

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »
LOL Snoop!  Are you saying that in not an *bleep* or that Im incompetent? lmao

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 06:07:11 AM »
I dont see anything wrong with a compentent @hole.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 06:36:28 PM »
Script moved to script snippets.  (If you disagree with the move please pm me.)
Thank you for the script submission
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: Cadlelabra  grabber