Author Topic: well it did run my server great :)  (Read 11268 times)

Offline DashiTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dashi has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
well it did run my server great :)
« on: February 01, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »
CS0308: Line 920: The non-generic method `ReadItem' cannot be used with type arguments

I can't seem to get rid of this problem. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to the ChampionSpawn.cs to fix this.

It started happening after an attempted merge to ML content, to add the proper loot to dreadhorn and quests and runic fletching kits etc. I am trying to use runuo 2.0 rc2 and I am wondering if there is another option?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: well it did run my server great :)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »
Have you tried to get the updated repository and compile from that?  I think rc2 is a bit old and perhaps that problem has been addressed.

I'm no expert for sure; I haven't actually tried to run RunUO on Linux yet so I'm just guessin.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 02:46:24 PM »
yeah i checked it out yesterday when I was working on it. It is the ml merge I think that is causing it. I can get another server to run with everything spawned except peerlesses and most ml items are not working. The error needs me to type cast something I have to figure out how to do that :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 02:47:32 PM »
wait... there is something newer than rc2? where do i get it that is all I can find is that rc2. I know that recenty RunUO suffered a severe dataloss so maybe the repositories are older backups?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »
Man, I forgot to test this one.  It's been a while since I've built the server from the repo.  I was going to post the SVN repo link for you, but I keep forgetting to cut/paste it.  From that you just need Visual Studio to compile.  I think that the RC is pretty behind now; I can't remember when it was updated last.

I should have been mirroring their versions.  I'll start doing that.  What is it with the RunUO guys and dataloss?  ConnectUO vanished also.  For me to loose data, it will take a tactical nuke.  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:10:44 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 05:11:59 AM »
You can get to the RunUO SVN repo by this url:
http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 11:03:10 PM »
And I tried to get .NET installed into Wine.  I've been having some problems since I'm using a 64-bit distro, plus .NET requires that you have Internet Explorer installed.  So far I haven't been very successful with that install.  It can be done since there's several peeps out there that have it going.  When I have some more time, I might play a bit more.  I'm had a notion of getting ScriptUO working within Wine instead of Mono.  So far I'm foiled with that.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: